Xigmatek orientation on a duo/quad core

quaduser

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2008
What orientation of the Xigmatek is better on a duo/quad core chip? I see two factors at play but don't know which is more important or if these conflict at all (don't have my stuff yet!).

1. The 3 heatpipes probably ought to run across from core to core instead of running along the cores.

2. The fan should be blowing heat out towards the back of the case rather than down to the bottom of the case.. this means a specific orientation for the xigmatek that might be different from 1 above.

Anyway, I'd be happy to hear what people think is the right orientation.

| |
b | <- | xgmtk |
a | <- | |
c | |
k | |
|------------------------|
bottom

| |
b | xgmtk |
a | ----- |
c | | | |
k | v v |
|------------------------|
bottom

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
I had to arrange mine to where the Middle pipe goes directly along the cores. And if you think about it, what way better? That mid heat pipe can run perfectly down them all. Let the other two pick up residual heat!

3510 Loaded in prime for the full 8k test maxes at 57/57 54/54 and after the first test is done, it's already settled downward to 55/55 51/51.

Not bad, if you ask me. Thats after ditching the push pins in favor of small bolts I found, and then taking it off again to align the Middle heat pipe. Went from those results to 66/66 64/64 highs when it wasn't with the middle pipe going straight down the cores.!

--Lupi