Appcrash error in win vista

igiveup

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I have read all the blogs, and every one has an opininon. What is the real way to fix APPCRASH problems?

I have to get help soon. I'm very lucky this is still working. My games are ok, downloads are ok. It's any thing that has to do with Internet Explorer, web pages, and mail.

I have a COMPAQ PRESARIO, SR 2173 WM.
VISTA HOME PREMIUM, IE8 SERVICE PK 2. :cry:
Thank you, DE

What is your unique situation, and what have you already tried to resolve is the question ?

igiveup

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Hi purushottama, yes I have and that's another problem. It says there's nothing there in System Restore. FIGURE THAT. It gave me an error message, but I don't remember what because I didn't know we were going to mention that. I've had this computer for almost five years. There should be a lot there. This is the first time I've had to use it. That's why I didn't know it till now.

If you read ksiemb's reply, you'll find what all Ive tried. I hope you can help me on my problems. :fou:

igiveup

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011

Hi ksiemb, I have tried EVERYTHING...............that's why i'ts taken me so long to reply. I have tried:

1. system restore (that's another problem, says nothing's there after 5 yrs)

2. reseting the whole computer.( I don't even know how I found that)

3. cleaned up temp files, took stuff off of startup. etc

4. checked my anti virus, and malware.

5, Looked all over the internet and found Tom's sight. Everyone had an opinion and I didn't know who to trust.

At one point, I kept getting APPCRASH error. I found out that means "application error". I researched that, and thought it was fixed, but I think that's still what's wrong. It said, iexplore.exe

I am at my wits end. Please help. :cry:

And did you look in event viewer for application errors (I did not go back to reread the complete thread, so if you already said you did this, sorry). And look in other tabs also (system for ex).

It Sounds like your system restore is not even turned on. Check that option out in Help & Support if you don't know how.

Resetting the whole computer: Does this mean Reinstalling the OS ?

You may want to run "memtest" to check for faulty memory.

igiveup

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
I did not look in the event viewer. Where do you look?

No, I did not reinstall the whole OS.

Do you run "memtest" in RUN? I have a lot of memory left. I purchased 2 more GB which gives me 4 now.

Until you can direct me with my other questions I will see if system restore is turned on or not in Help & Support.

Thank you for helping me. DE

Memtest is a utility that checks the integrity of your RAM.

Search & download it.

Event viewer for vista can be viewed:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Open-Event-Viewer

igiveup

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2011
Hi ksiemb, so sorry for not getting back to you sooner. I am getting advice from a lot of people so I'm still trying different things. I think I should just "chuck' this thing in the recycle bin. I looked up SYSTEM RESTORE, this is what it said, "COULD NOT CREATE THE SCHEDULED TASK FOR THE FOLLOWING REASON: THE TASK IMAGE IS CORRUPT OR HAS BEEN TAMPERED WITH 0x80041321. So much for that.

I looked up EVENT VIEWER, and you need to be a computer geek to know what to do there. I didn't even get to MEMTEST yet.

I really appreciate all your help, but this thing has too many issues. I may have to take it in OR take a hammer to it............ :pt1cable:

Thanks again, DE

Bonz26

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011

Hi, I fixed problem by
Go to start menu type Program and features
hit view installed updates
hit arrow next to date added and by clicking through last few days
the only thing installed was a Google tool something (even though I have had
Google toolbar forever it added something)
I right clicked on the google thing ..hit uninstall Voila no more error msg
Bonz

It said, iexplore.exe - Well that is your browser. Check event viewer for errors when you get the app error ?
Also, use firefox for a few days. You will notice a speedup of your web browsing, and no crashes ! I dumped IE months ago, and glad I did.

TRENDING THREADS