Best UHF antenna?

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 6, 2005 6:16:29 PM

We live in a hole far far away from the broadcasting antenna. I went on
www.antennaweb.org and it said I need the biggest and best UHF directional
antenna with a preamp to get the stations. We examined our existing UHF
antenna with some bits broken off and the capacitors swollen and cracked,
and amazingly, it still can get some of the UHF stations, but not all of the
new HDTV stations. Our old antennas are about 12 years old from Radioshack
and they are not very good - bent, broken with chunks falling off. So now I
am looking for a new UHF antenna or a combination VHF,UHF antenna somewhere
around the $100 mark. Any recommendations? And where can I get the antenna
locally if possible?

noone

More about : uhf antenna

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:16:30 PM

"nonone" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> We live in a hole far far away from the broadcasting antenna. I went on
> www.antennaweb.org and it said I need the biggest and best UHF directional
> antenna with a preamp to get the stations. We examined our existing UHF
> antenna with some bits broken off and the capacitors swollen and cracked,
> and amazingly, it still can get some of the UHF stations, but not all of
> the
> new HDTV stations. Our old antennas are about 12 years old from
> Radioshack
> and they are not very good - bent, broken with chunks falling off. So now
> am looking for a new UHF antenna or a combination VHF,UHF antenna
> somewhere
> around the $100 mark. Any recommendations? And where can I get the antenna
> locally if possible?

Channelmaster antennas are excellent. Their 8-bay UHF (model 4228) is
highly recommended,
as is the model 4248 long boom Yagi UHF model.

For UHF, you can't beat these antennas.
Anonymous
June 10, 2005 4:47:21 PM

Check out the antennas recommended at
http://www.plainmoney.com/antenna/ . Those are the Winegard GS-2200
(for close-in stations), the ChannelMaster 4221 (for more distant
stations) or the ChannelMaster 4248 or 4228 (when you're really trying
to reach out and get a signal). For long cable runs or distant
stations, the ChannelMaster 7777 pre-amp tends to get good reviews.

kwali
!