Crysis patch 1.1 out

warezme

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2006

Woohoo, I've been waiting for this, but I may wait to make sure it doesn't break any cracks...

D'Oh! They fix the memory issue after I bought 4 GB of memory for that very reason (of the 1.5GB I had 900MB was often being used by Crysis, when I noticed it chugging, just under 500MB initial gameplay, now it's just over 1GB but doesn't chug [maybe I don't play long enough to saturate the 4/3.5 GB]).

Yeah, and I'm wondering about the cracks too even though I bought this (on wicked Boxing Day sale as you know Paul :sol: ) because I hate using disks in a laptop (I need that optical bay and don't cary my whole library with me), so I may need to wait for an updated no-DVD hack personally, especially since there's little there for me to go "Must Have" in the patch, and I still don't have much time to play it yet (still haven't encountered the Aliens yet, but I think/hope I'm getting close, just started the annoying tank level).

Flipping tank level is annoying i ended up doing most of it on foot :lol: still you do get a cool gun when you get to the end(say no more) :)
Mactronix
Ps didnt realise it used that much ram best get me another Gig.

Yeah I don't know if it's because it has one memory leak for reason Y and then a memory leak for running in DX10 mode as well, but it surprised the heck out of me when I checked it after it started chugging. I was worried I was going to have to drop detail even more, but I noticed when I would quit and then start from the last save it was smoother than before, so it had to be a memory issue not a CPU/VPU issue.

I was thinking of going on foot too, since I stopped playing when I got frustrated with doing it by tank, and said when I do play it again, I'm going for a few moments in the tank, but going to hug the trees and the minute I'm at like 50% damage, jumping out and gonna use the rocket launcher and explosives hugging the ground cover after that.

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, hopefully they fixed it. I wonder just how much they actually fixed. I suffered from the bug where after blowing up the two tanks at the schoolhouse, my teammate and the hostage would just stay there and my mission wouldn't update. I had to just head toward the waterfall since I knew it already. On my FX-55 8800GTS, I didn't have this issue.

As far as performance I have to go out tonight but installed the patch and ran the GPU benchmark through the guru3d utility at the settings I play at. (1680x1050 all high 2xaa/16xaf) All stock speeds, with 1.0 I averaged 31.02 fps, with patch 1.1 it went up to a whopping 31.42 fps. I'll run through the complete set of benchies with dual and single cards again later tonight, but as it looks so far by a quick gpu bench run, this isn't going to add any performance for me.

BTW, as you know I buy all the games I play, but yeah I agree and like to use no CD patches when possible, even at home on my desktop. With your mobile setup I can see it's more important even. I now always install all steam games through steam too instead of the discs.

Paul, just something to check, the avg fps may only change a bit, but if it used to have moemntary but severe drops then getting rid of those and offering smooth game play might only add 1/2 a frame per second improved result/score but would mean a significant improvement in gameplay, hopefully that's what they did otherwise, yeah it doesn't sound like much of a boost.

Here's to hoping for the best.

pauldh

Illustrious
Very true, and I have not spent any time playing it just yet. Once I run through these benchies I will replay some missions to compare. But really I didn't have the freezing that some SLI people complained about; it was pretty smooth before. I'm just hoping it's not worse now. If the lows during gameplay are higher, then yeah that would be very nice. As you know, the gpu bench carries that low fps over from the first run, so it's pretty useless to post the minimum from that. So it's possible, just don't have my hopes up too much. I was expecting a couple fps higher ave with fsaa anyway.

homerdog

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2007
I agree with TGGA about the minimum framerates going up. The game just feels smoother to me, although I don't get much over 20FPS most of the time. That's on all very high DX10 @ 1440x900 no AA.

pauldh

Illustrious
4xaa performance seems to have gone down with this patch. I am retesting now, but it looks like I lost 3-4 fps with 4xaa in the GPU bench. 4x/16x performance wasn't high enough for my liking anyway, but I hate seeing it go down now.

edit: my mistake, I looked at the 0xaf results. 4xaa/16xaf is about the same as before.

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
I havnt notice a single frame improvement with the patch. I spend about a half hour compairing and I am 100% sure there was no gain in FPS. However, like someone mentioned maybe it improved the smoothness. What I mean is even though I was running it 30-50fps (High) before It still felt choppy at times like little hiccups. I'll analyze it more tomarrow...

On a side note, The G92 GTS runs crysis perfectly on High (30-50). "playable" on very high (xp hack 20-30).

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
I've done both the gpu benchmark and just run fraps though gameplay. The Gpu benchmark gave me 35fps ave.

Here are some screens as proof.

1680x1050 No AA

High
High5.jpg

High Overclocked 800/1800/1080
High5OC.jpg

Very High Xp Hack
VeryHigh5.jpg

Very High Xp Hack 800/1800/1080
VeryHigh5OC.jpg

wirelessfender

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2007
I've done both the gpu benchmark and just run fraps though gameplay. The Gpu benchmark gave me 35fps ave.

Here are some screens as proof.

1680x1050 No AA

High
High5.jpg

High Overclocked 800/1800/1080
High5OC.jpg

Very High Xp Hack
VeryHigh5.jpg

Very High Xp Hack 800/1800/1080
VeryHigh5OC.jpg

And for the heck of it here is a screen of the 3dmark I scored just a few hours ago = )

17240.jpg

pauldh

Illustrious
Yeah, those scores are very good, but as randomizer said aa brings them way down. Even 16xAF knocks off 3-4 fps. 35 fps sounds right at 16x10 0xaa/0xaf for your GTS as my 8800GT at stock speeds gets 30.64 fps. But at 4xaa/16xaf that drops to 17.66 fps. That's when SLI comes in handy. Basically allows 2x/16x with the same or a bit better performance than 0x/0x with one card.

I have not yet tried the win xp very high hack, but it does look good. Huge hit in fps from those screenies. 43 down to 23. BTW, nice clock speeds you are pushing with that rig!!!!

pauldh

Illustrious
OK, here are the results of the GPU benchmark before and after the patch:

Nothing OC'ed, system in sig (Q6600, 2GB, 2*8800GT, XP pro 32-bit, 169.21 drivers)
All tests run 1680x1050 everything High
Crysis GPU Bench using Guru3d benchmark utility (drops fist run, averages the other 3 runs)
Batch run at 0xaa, 2xaa, 4xaa @ 4 runs each. Did this at 0xAF and also forced 16xAF.

Crysis retail 1.0
0xaa/0xaf Single - 30.35 fps ave, SLI - 35.32 fps ave - 16.4% increase
2xaa/0xaf Single - 24.17 fps ave, SLI - 33.09 fps ave - 36.9% increase
4xaa/0xaf Single - 20.67 fps ave, SLI - 29.19 fps ave - 41.2% increase

0xaa/16xaf Single - 26.10 fps ave, SLI - 33.43 fps ave - 28.1% increase
2xaa/16xaf Single - 21.27 fps ave, SLI - 31.02 fps ave - 45.8% increase
4xaa/16xaf Single - 17.65 fps ave, SLI - 25.86 fps ave - 46.5% increase

Crysis retail patch 1.1
0xaa/0xaf Single - 30.64 fps ave, SLI - 35.03 fps ave
2xaa/0xaf Single - 25.09 fps ave, SLI - 33.29 fps ave
4xaa/0xaf Single - 20.72 fps ave, SLI - 28.23 fps ave

0xaa/16xaf Single - 26.30 fps ave, SLI - 32.73 fps ave
2xaa/16xaf Single - 21.97 fps ave, SLI - 31.30 fps ave
4xaa/16xaf Single - 17.66 fps ave, SLI - 25.45 fps ave

Well, as you can see little to no performance increase for me with the patch based on average fps in the GPU bench with either a single 8800GT or two in SLI.

3Ball

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2006
I have yet to check FPS, but I run my settings @ 1680X1050 with no AA, all settings on High and it runs great. I can tell it is running better after the patch. From my understanding not only did the SLI improve, but they improved multi core usage as well. I could be wrong, but I am to assume that because of that and a few bug fixes is why my performance has improved. IDK...I love the game though. lol

Best,

3Ball

lobofanina

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2007

I wondered throughout the dumb tank level how in the future the US Military gets Nanosuits but the future tanks are worse at stopping an RPG then the 1982 M1 Abrams.

TRENDING THREADS