New build PC Club Problems

kayaker123456

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I took a computer, a new case and parts to PC Club for a parts swap and new system build. The new case was an Antec solo with a black piano finish. The other case was my trusty Lian Li aluminum case. When I got home i discovered scratches in the top of the Solo Case in the bueatiful black piano finish. On the Lian Li case large steel scews had been screwed into the aluminum case where aluminum screws had been in an attempt to hide the fact that the case had been stripped out. When I removed the screws aluminum shavings fell on my desk. The USB ports on the front of the Lian Li case did not work. I did not receive the stock intel cooler, panels for the Antec case, or the special screws for the Antec Case. I contacted the store. They buffed out the top of the Solo case which only scratched the entire top of the case. I contacted corporate and was told by a regional manager that if the computer works then they are not responsible. I filled out a form to customer service and never received a response. I checked the BBB website and they have an unsatisfactory rating because they do not respond to complaints. Has anyone had a similar experience. If so what did they do?

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Their complete idiots! Whenever I go to PC Club I know not to ask any tech questions because I know that they are not capable of an intelligent response, they hardy pass on understandable english. They don't care if they hurt your pretty case, their in it to make money not to make people happy. Whenever I go there to get something simple I see 9 month old motherboard retail boxes that are probibly older problematic early revisions, they clearly do not push product out the door and I/we know why.

Around here we have a MicroCenter superstore near by and they are the best in the hole USA, they even carry 12k Apple computers with 30" WS monitors. They are well known for their great customer service and they know their way around computers, there the best around town!

I am sorry that you went to a place like "PC Club" where they clearly have no sense of responsibility or true intelligence. By LAW they are responsible for damaging your components!

GeorgeH

Distinguished
May 6, 2004
"When I got home"

Poor words to use. You are responsible for accepting delivery with the "defects." Your loss.

Perhaps the Antec case came with plastic over the finish and you removed it.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
Theres an old saying, "if you want something done right the first time do it yourself." I wouldn't trust anyone with my computer ever! Its time now for you to trust yourself with you own computer, you to can learn to build a computer. Last May I built my first computer and now my brother whats to pay me to build him one also.

flip_x

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2007
hmm i never had anything fixed at PcClub but i like that place alot.. well the one i go to.. my friend works there and ive been going there since it first opened here and they know me pretty well so i get discounts and they are smart about computers too so maybe ur store just got a bunch of morons..

xnamerxx

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
I have no idea which store you went to but I did used to work there close to a year ago, it all depends on the people you deal with. If you recieve the case with scratches on it and you are in southern california there are several regonal managers that I know that still work there im probably not allowed to mention names so I wont, but if you took delivery of computer with damage on it and its not major your kinda out of luck because when you sign the paper that takes liabilty off of them. As for the lian li case and parts not working Im pretty sure thats just going to be because there are plugs that are not plugged in or plugged in incorrectly. As well as im fairly positive that no case uses aluminum screws there are 2 types of threading which would be fine and coarse and I cant even count how many times ive seen one substituted for the other and give problems like you describe. If you didnt get the stock cooler back go back and complain to the manager that is on duty because he will be able to get it fixed faster then going above his head. I have dealt with microcenter for products and they are truly a great store but rarely have the best prices but I would go there 1000 times before I ever stepped foot into frys. I am some what curious at which store you went to as I still know several people who work are stores around southern california.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006
The CA, LakeForest store is ok but not great. I would rather pay $100 more at MicroCenter because the stress level's aren't good for long life. Wouldn't you pay $100 more for a great stress free purchase? :) I know I would.

xnamerxx

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2006
Really most of my computer purchases revolve around which store is closer to me aside from buying memory and other such stuff at newegg because sometimes those prices just cannot be beat. I have some friends that work at the lake forest store so its some what easier on me going there the others.

My closest store to me is the internet!!! Lol!! I'd rather buy from Newegg/ZZF/Buy.com/or Ewiz than go to the Fry's near by. They are about an hour away and I've only been in there 2 or 3 times in 7 years. Everytime I find something that I want to buy, they miracliously are out of stock when I get there. Hmmmm....Sounds like bait and switch to me, but whatever the reason I just don't go in there.

Noya

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2006