eVGA 8800GTwrranty info

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Ok well i half ordered an evga 8800GT and im a bit confused about what the warranty covers....

As far as i can tell it covers you for 10 years when you register and allows third party coolers if it is left undamaged physically (and original cooler sent back if it breaks)

But what i dont know is if it covers overclocking?

Some people say it does in the US and not UK (im in the UK) Others say its covered as long as theres no physial damage? Can anyone conclusively clear it up?

I assume you have read the warranty page if not its here http://www.evga.com/support/lifetime/
But they do clearly state on that

EVGA limited lifetime warranty is for North America, Latin America, and Canada only. So it looks like the UK isnt covered at all.
But intheory to answer your question it does cover overclocking they only stipulate that.
There is no physical damage to the PCB, GPU/chipset, or components that are caused by: Damage due to improper installation, damage during modification of any kind, damage during any type of Aftermarket cooling installation, and water damage of any kind.
I would say that overclocking comes under modification of any kind.
Mactronix

pchoi04

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2007
Thats funny because I could of sworn I was reading the warranty page on there site few months back and they did say it covered overclocking. But it was always a bit ambigious.

tomdrum

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
well on the europe site it sais

You may extend this Limited Warranty to a 10 (ten) Years Limited Warranty if your Product's model number ends with -AX, -AR, A1, or -W1

and 8800gt ends in AR

So i guess you can overclock, but aslong as the problem with the card isnt a result of the overclock (physical damage) they will cover it?