ECS P4M900T-M with installation problem of GEforce 8800GS

wils0ngui

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
i got a new 8800GS and installed ..the power is ok but the system just didnt boot.......the screen remains black and can't get into the bios.....

Power...the card have two 6 pin power slot...so i tried to connect the two and still the same.....the fan spin...it have power.

once i take out the video card....the system back to normal, is it a problem of the video card or the bios settings?

and i heard people saying the VIA chipset can't recongize the NVIDIA product is that true?

and i heard people saying the VIA chipset can't recongize the NVIDIA product is that true?

that's not true.

How do you know the board is getting enough power ? WhAt is the amperage on the psu ?.... and what else is it running ?

Is the card seated right ?

what other hardware is in the box ?

wils0ngui

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2008
motherboard: ECS P4M900T-M
RAM: DDR2 667 1.5G
CPU: P4 2.8G

is a 420W power supply enough? i have pluge away all the other things that may need electricity....

the card is seated right....i am sure.....i have reseated it for many times.

and......other hardware.......just some connectors or adaptors...and a installation disc......

G

MB: ASUS P5VD2-VM SE
I have the same problem but my psu is an enermax 520w 82+ i think this is really ok, isn' it?
The card is seated right. Can someone give a solution, please??? I have a very old graphic card and can't play any game in satisfing graphics..... please give a solution as soon as posible.....