Question about a couple items on P35-DS3R?

dcinmich

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2007
I was reading a review on the GA-P35-DS3R here, and I have a question about a couple of the reviewer's comments.

"Three black PCI-Express x1 and three white PCI slots are provided and all of the PCI slots are still available even when using a dual slot PCI-Express x16 graphics card. While this is a great addition, Gigabyte needed to include it since there's no Firewire, WiFi or extra Ethernet included on board. There are however twelve USB 2.0 ports supported, providing you can find your own PCI bracket adapter to use the eight included on the motherboard via the yellow pin-outs."

Does anyone know where I can find this "PCI bracket adapter" for the yellow pin-outs on the board?

"Additionally, the front panel audio pin-out is in green and is placed between the northbridge and rear I/O, which makes getting to it a little awkward. In contrast the S/PDIF in gets a red keyed shroud by the PCI slots, should you go on a Lord of the Rings style quest to obtain yourself the optional PCI bracket that fits."

Can anyone tell me what the "optional PCI bracket" is he's talking about? And what is it for and where could I find one?

Thanks.