Starcraft with a friend..

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Hi gang

A friend and I used to play Starcraft using a modem for many years
until he moved away. We would like to find a way to play that is more
economical and will satisfy our need to play this game.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to play with a friend
over the internet than Battle.net. Ideally something that I could
host on my machine so that a friend can connect using high speed
connection.

Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Why not internet bnet may I ask?

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:09:15 GMT, LaChino <haiku888@NOTshaw.ca> wrote:

>Hi gang
>
>A friend and I used to play Starcraft using a modem for many years
>until he moved away. We would like to find a way to play that is more
>economical and will satisfy our need to play this game.
>
>I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to play with a friend
>over the internet than Battle.net. Ideally something that I could
>host on my machine so that a friend can connect using high speed
>connection.
>
>Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.
>Thanks!

Get a really long LAN cable...

--
byerstheoblivious

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:09:15 GMT, LaChino <haiku888@NOTshaw.ca> wrote:
>
>>Hi gang
>>
>>A friend and I used to play Starcraft using a modem for many years
>>until he moved away. We would like to find a way to play that is more
>>economical and will satisfy our need to play this game.
>>
>>I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to play with a friend
>>over the internet than Battle.net. Ideally something that I could
>>host on my machine so that a friend can connect using high speed
>>connection.
>>
>>Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.
>>Thanks!
>
> Get a really long LAN cable...

or a wifi network ;)
--
Steven Ung

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> > On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:09:15 GMT, LaChino <haiku888@NOTshaw.ca> wrote:
> >
> >>Hi gang
> >>
> >>A friend and I used to play Starcraft using a modem for many years
> >>until he moved away. We would like to find a way to play that is more
> >>economical and will satisfy our need to play this game.
> >>
> >>I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way to play with a friend
> >>over the internet than Battle.net. Ideally something that I could
> >>host on my machine so that a friend can connect using high speed
> >>connection.
> >>
> >>Any links or suggestions would be appreciated.
> >>Thanks!
> >
> > Get a really long LAN cable...
>
> or a wifi network ;)

Microwave dish works well

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:41:28 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>Microwave dish works well

For cooking food? ;)

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

"Zealot The Crazy Lui" <ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote in message
> >Microwave dish works well
>
> For cooking food? ;)

No I mean the pointy metal kind

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Chingy

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2004
Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

yeah metal kind still used for cooking :p

"Chingy" <lakiri@lakara.com> wrote in message
> yeah metal kind still used for cooking :p

Plz don't top post

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:03:43 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>Plz don't top post

Also, food microwaves tend not be very pointy...

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad
"I'm all for the girl on girl action, but it could put a strain on the marriage" - LTP

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:03:34 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

>Also, food microwaves tend not be very pointy...

Maybe it's a multifunction tool. Like those printers who can also scan
and fax and do your laundry.

It's a microwave oven and a deadly assault weapon.

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 20:37:42 +0100, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so>
wrote:
>Maybe it's a multifunction tool. Like those printers who can also scan
>and fax and do your laundry.
>
>It's a microwave oven and a deadly assault weapon.

Ah, I see... just point it at someone and they start boiling on the
inside. It's ingenious! :)

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad
"I'm all for the girl on girl action, but it could put a strain on the marriage" - LTP

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:06:59 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

>>It's a microwave oven and a deadly assault weapon.
>
>Ah, I see... just point it at someone and they start boiling on the
>inside. It's ingenious! :)

No household is complete without one.

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 04:03:43 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
> >Plz don't top post
>
> Also, food microwaves tend not be very pointy...

A design flaw if you ask me

--

> On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 09:06:59 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
> <ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >>It's a microwave oven and a deadly assault weapon.
> >
> >Ah, I see... just point it at someone and they start boiling on the
> >inside. It's ingenious! :)
>
> No household is complete without one.

And yet, Zealot said they do not exist.

So either Zealot is wrong, or no household is complete.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:00:06 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>And yet, Zealot said they do not exist.
>
>So either Zealot is wrong, or no household is complete.

Or Byers is wrong. :)

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad
"I'm all for the girl on girl action, but it could put a strain on the marriage" - LTP

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 14:13:00 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

>>So either Zealot is wrong, or no household is complete.
>
>Or Byers is wrong. :)

Well, let us not be so quick to look to the paranormal for our
answers...

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 02:00:06 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
> >And yet, Zealot said they do not exist.
> >
> >So either Zealot is wrong, or no household is complete.
>
> Or Byers is wrong. :)

A virtual impossibility