Sign in with
Your question

Help needed ! Fan failure.

Last response: in Components
January 13, 2008 9:33:47 AM

I have just noticed (after having been using my PC for the last hour or so) that the 3 Antec Tricool fans in my Antec P182 are not functioning anymore!! On closer inspection, the Zalman cooling my cpu and the fan on my 8800gts 512 is working ok. But, the Antec 650W truepower fan is not rotating either.
I have looked at the connections all seems in order. The Tricool fans are connected to the power supply not the mobo, and they are snugly fitted together.
Using an Asus P5W DH Deluxe, I read a while back that the fans would not spin on low setting for some weird reason, so up to now I have had all on medium speed and despite the heat given off from the 8800, heat has not been an issue.
What has possibly gone wrong ?

More about : needed fan failure

January 13, 2008 10:18:25 AM

Turn off Q-Fan and see if they spin up.
January 13, 2008 10:32:41 AM

Hard wire the fan into one of your mains sockets, it will work then.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
January 13, 2008 10:42:23 AM

I'm running a P5B deluxe wi/fi, all three tricools on low, all working fine. Also they should be coming from a molex on the PSU and bypassing the mobo completely.

What happens if you put them on high and then turn them low. They could be dusty?
January 13, 2008 11:27:04 AM

Turned off Q-fan, made no difference. Tried hooking up just 1 fan to one of the the Y- molex from the psu.
Checked bios. PC is clean.
PSU fan also is still not working..but PC is...have both case doors off while I type this. Is this potentially dangerous btw?
January 13, 2008 4:13:37 PM

Still found no solution :( 
!