Newb: overclock "x86 Family 15 model 2....?

whyrichard

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2007
Hey guys,

My work computer needs to be sped up, desperately....

clean install, 2 gigs ram, last bit is overclocking the cpu is possible...

the process or is an "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz"....

.... so where do i begin?

thank you for your patience.

r.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Uhh, so thats a pentium 4 HyperThreader?

You will have to list the other junk, mobo, PSU, vid card. You know, your whole set up, so everyone knows what ya got!

--Lupi

doomturkey

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2005
Uh... I'm surprised lupi could even guess what CPU you are running based on "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz". First thing we should know, is this an OEM computer, like a Dell, Gateway, HP, etc?

If it is (which I'm guessing yes, as you hardly seem to know what CPU it's running), then there's a 95% chance that the BIOS is locked to overclocking and there is no way you can do it, unless you try some sketchy overclocking software.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Awww, such a cute kitty!

Look at my ant farm! I give them 1 jelly packet a week, and they never come any further into the house.

Check out what they did to the 1 piece of caramel corn I gave them as a treat yesterday! It's down to just the husk thingie!!

moreanttrap002.jpg

Hehehe!

--Lupi

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Hehe, gotta have some other hobby besides for over clocking!! The little hole they use is actually right to the left of the image and up an inch.

I haven't seen a single one inside anywhere else. They don't even come in and go to the left at all. Straight there, straight back out.

You can poke em a bit and they will send in their warriors, but they are still puny, hehe! I torment them so!

--Lupi

iluvgillgill

Splendid
Jan 1, 2007
randomizer: ants inside your shoes? its nice init you get some foot massage while you walking along the street with a weird look on your face!lol

Lupi i wonder if you have burn an ant? when they burn the crackling sound remind me of BBQ!lol