Sign in with
Your question

Newb: overclock "x86 Family 15 model 2....?

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Overclocking
  • x86
  • Clean Install
Last response: in Overclocking
June 25, 2008 8:57:11 PM

Hey guys,

My work computer needs to be sped up, desperately....

clean install, 2 gigs ram, last bit is overclocking the cpu is possible...

the process or is an "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz"....

.... so where do i begin?

thank you for your patience.

r.

More about : newb overclock x86 family model

June 25, 2008 10:39:53 PM

Uhh, so thats a pentium 4 HyperThreader?

You will have to list the other junk, mobo, PSU, vid card. You know, your whole set up, so everyone knows what ya got!

--Lupi
June 26, 2008 3:59:52 AM

Uh... I'm surprised lupi could even guess what CPU you are running based on "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz". First thing we should know, is this an OEM computer, like a Dell, Gateway, HP, etc?

If it is (which I'm guessing yes, as you hardly seem to know what CPU it's running), then there's a 95% chance that the BIOS is locked to overclocking and there is no way you can do it, unless you try some sketchy overclocking software.
Related resources
June 26, 2008 5:04:48 AM

i think it would be better if you do a screenshot of CPU-Z.

you can download it from here:
http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

get back if you need help.

good guess lupi!lol
June 26, 2008 5:37:21 AM

Well there are some ways to overclock even if it is a dell, hp, etc without software.
June 26, 2008 6:42:25 AM

Find a modded Bios for a non OEM version of the board, and flash away!!

--Lupi
June 26, 2008 7:11:48 AM

Awww, such a cute kitty!

Look at my ant farm! I give them 1 jelly packet a week, and they never come any further into the house.

Check out what they did to the 1 piece of caramel corn I gave them as a treat yesterday! It's down to just the husk thingie!!

Hehehe!

--Lupi
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 26, 2008 7:13:47 AM

That is so incredibly random :lol:  Good idea though, we get alot of tiny ants, especially when it rains alot. They get into everything (including my shoes :( ).
June 26, 2008 8:26:44 AM

Hehe, gotta have some other hobby besides for over clocking!! The little hole they use is actually right to the left of the image and up an inch.

I haven't seen a single one inside anywhere else. They don't even come in and go to the left at all. Straight there, straight back out.

You can poke em a bit and they will send in their warriors, but they are still puny, hehe! I torment them so!

--Lupi
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 26, 2008 8:34:33 AM

Where do they come from, inside the wall or something? That's where ours are, and they come out from windows and around the edges of the lino. Annoying little things! I do love surface spray :D 
June 26, 2008 11:28:29 AM

randomizer: ants inside your shoes? its nice init you get some foot massage while you walking along the street with a weird look on your face!lol

Lupi i wonder if you have burn an ant? when they burn the crackling sound remind me of BBQ!lol
a b à CPUs
a b K Overclocking
June 26, 2008 11:35:56 AM

And they stink...
June 26, 2008 11:57:17 AM

no one tell you to crush them!lol
!