Newb: overclock "x86 Family 15 model 2....?

Hey guys,

My work computer needs to be sped up, desperately....

clean install, 2 gigs ram, last bit is overclocking the cpu is possible...

the process or is an "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz"....

.... so where do i begin?

thank you for your patience.

r.
answers
Last reply
More about newb overclock family model
  1. Uhh, so thats a pentium 4 HyperThreader?

You will have to list the other junk, mobo, PSU, vid card. You know, your whole set up, so everyone knows what ya got!

--Lupi
  2. Uh... I'm surprised lupi could even guess what CPU you are running based on "x86 Family 15 Model 2 Stepping 9 GenuineIntel 2793 mhz". First thing we should know, is this an OEM computer, like a Dell, Gateway, HP, etc?

If it is (which I'm guessing yes, as you hardly seem to know what CPU it's running), then there's a 95% chance that the BIOS is locked to overclocking and there is no way you can do it, unless you try some sketchy overclocking software.
  3. i think it would be better if you do a screenshot of CPU-Z.

you can download it from here:
    http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

get back if you need help.

good guess lupi!lol
  4. Well there are some ways to overclock even if it is a dell, hp, etc without software.
  5. Find a modded Bios for a non OEM version of the board, and flash away!!

--Lupi
  6. It's a Northwood B or C, not sure which one.

EDIT: To save the OP having to read through the rest of this derailed thread, I suggest having a read through this guide:

http://www.sharkyextreme.com/guides/hwGuides/article.php/1380951
  7. Awww, such a cute kitty!

Look at my ant farm! I give them 1 jelly packet a week, and they never come any further into the house.

Check out what they did to the 1 piece of caramel corn I gave them as a treat yesterday! It's down to just the husk thingie!!

Hehehe!

--Lupi
  8. That is so incredibly random :lol: Good idea though, we get alot of tiny ants, especially when it rains alot. They get into everything (including my shoes :().
  9. Hehe, gotta have some other hobby besides for over clocking!! The little hole they use is actually right to the left of the image and up an inch.

I haven't seen a single one inside anywhere else. They don't even come in and go to the left at all. Straight there, straight back out.

You can poke em a bit and they will send in their warriors, but they are still puny, hehe! I torment them so!

--Lupi
  10. Where do they come from, inside the wall or something? That's where ours are, and they come out from windows and around the edges of the lino. Annoying little things! I do love surface spray :D
  11. randomizer: ants inside your shoes? its nice init you get some foot massage while you walking along the street with a weird look on your face!lol

Lupi i wonder if you have burn an ant? when they burn the crackling sound remind me of BBQ!lol
  12. And they stink...
  13. no one tell you to crush them!lol
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking x86 Clean Install