Acer windows recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution

Hey, There, "tallgirl" - Happy you got it sorted Out.
Sorry you paid for recovery disk (Disc) , as you could have gotten one free..

Any hoo (sic) I will post, if I see anything about the cleanup msg you are getting... Ken

tallgirl

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
have had no success at Acer they want my machine in with a starting courier pice of £55 before I even know what's wrong. I followed the factory settings to the letter and when done the screen remains blank so no idea what's happened now. Do you thing I need to reinstall drivers from a disc now???

If you are getting blank screen, you can't install anything ! :cry:

But see if you can boot into safe mode (tap F8 key) after initial splash screen shows on monitor. Might be able to salvage something with command mode. Post back, please.

tallgirl

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011

Would start in safe mode flashed loads of white writing about windows then went to a plain screen which had "Safe Mode" in all 4 corners of the screen. A message along the top middle of screen said "microsoft (R)windows(R) Build 6001:service pack 1" and in the midde of the screen was a box which said "install window" and underneath was the message "windows cannot complete installation in safe mode to continue installation of windows restart computer". I then clicked ok and it came to the white screen where you can reset to factory settings the flashed onto a blank screen again.

I am very grateful for your suggestion but as I was unsuccessful I assume the only way forward now is to take my computer somewhere for fixing.

Kind regards

Jayne

tallgirl

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
Thanks to everyone who tried to help me. I bought a recovery disc off ebay and together with my backup disc managed to get it going. Reset the whole thing but the acer e recovery cleanup (12/12) message won't go off. Think I can live with that as the backup and Mcafee and internet all work fine. Sorry I can't select anyone as best answer as I think a combination of you all helped. Many,many thanks xxx.

Hey, There, "tallgirl" - Happy you got it sorted Out.
Sorry you paid for recovery disk (Disc) , as you could have gotten one free..

Any hoo (sic) I will post, if I see anything about the cleanup msg you are getting... Ken

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.