Automatically Send Response in Outlook 2003 XP Home

Good Morning;

I am trying to create an automated task to respond to e-mail messages that
come in for RSVP to my sister's retirement ceremony. I would like an
automatic "Thank You" response sent out to everyone who RSVP's.
I have researched online but have found nothing so far except for
Microsoft Exchange Server [which I do not have] Can this task be done in
Outlook 2003 on an XP Home Operating System?

Thank You!

D. Sellers

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

try here, On the Tools menu, click Options.
Click E-mail Options, and then click Tracking Options.
Set processing options. Do one or more of the following:
Automatically record responses in the original item

Select the Process requests and responses on arrival check box.
Delete notifications of delivered and read messages

Select the Process receipts on arrival check box.
Move receipts out of your Inbox after processing

Select the After Processing move receipts to check box.
To select a folder other than Deleted Items, click Browse.

Delete blank responses

Select the Delete blank voting and meeting responses after processing check
box.

--
Don Kendrick

"Simvacious Lady" wrote:

> Good Morning;
>
> I am trying to create an automated task to respond to e-mail messages that
> come in for RSVP to my sister's retirement ceremony. I would like an
> automatic "Thank You" response sent out to everyone who RSVP's.
> I have researched online but have found nothing so far except for
> Microsoft Exchange Server [which I do not have] Can this task be done in
> Outlook 2003 on an XP Home Operating System?
>
> Thank You!
>
> D. Sellers

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

you can also open outlook and click help at the top and select Microsoft
Office Outlook Help and type auto response in the search bar and chek other
options.
--
Don Kendrick

Simvacious Lady wrote:
> Good Morning;
>
> I am trying to create an automated task to respond to e-mail messages that
> come in for RSVP to my sister's retirement ceremony. I would like an
> automatic "Thank You" response sent out to everyone who RSVP's.
> I have researched online but have found nothing so far except for
> Microsoft Exchange Server [which I do not have] Can this task be done in
> Outlook 2003 on an XP Home Operating System?
>
> Thank You!
>
> D. Sellers

Yes, you can create a rule to reply (using a template) to received
messages that meet just about any specified criteria. In Outlook, click
Tools > Rules and Alerts...

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Simvacious Lady wrote:
> Good Morning;
>
> I am trying to create an automated task to respond to
> e-mail messages that come in for RSVP to my sister's
> retirement ceremony. I would like an automatic "Thank You"
> response sent out to everyone who RSVP's. I have researched
> online but have found nothing so far except for Microsoft
> Exchange Server [which I do not have] Can this task be done
> in Outlook 2003 on an XP Home Operating System?
>
> Thank You!
>
> D. Sellers

You might want to take a look at this article:

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011223851033.aspx

You might find it helpful to click on "Show All" near the
beginning of the article.

Good luck

Nepatsfan