Asus P5e-VM HDMI
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750
OCZ Reaper DDR2 RAM 1G x2
Hitachi 320GB SATA HDD
LG DVD writer
Antec Neopower PSU 430W

I just installed XP pro +SP2 and then the Asus device drivers, once installed
I got the BSOD with the following wordings:

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
The problem seems to be caused by the following file:igxprd32
If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen,restart your computer. If this screen appears again,follow these steps:
The device drive got stuck in an infinite loop.This ususlly indicates problem with the device itself or with the device programming the hardware incorrectly.
Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.
Technical information:
***STOP:0X000000EA(0X8613A6F8,0X85F8ED70,0XF7A01CBC,0X00000001)
igxprd32
Beginning dump of physical memory"

I have updated the latestest bios + latest video driver and still got the same screen when restarting WinXP. I have also tried several bios setup without any success. Can anyone give me some useful advice? Is the RAM incompatible or is the motherboard/chipset is faulty?

I need to resolve this issue urgently! Thanks guys!

Your micro boad has inferior voltage regulators than a full ATX board. The OCZ reapor is high performance memory and will likely need a voltage increase to run properly. Assuming you have PC6400, try increasing memory voltage to 2.1-2.2v if BIOS in your micro board has the adjustments available. Also, set the timings to 5-5-5-15. Try different RAM if you have to.

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
I will try to see if it works. Thanks for your reply!

In fact, I have got a new HD2600Pro HDMI 512Mb card, it temporatory fix the problem but the system is still pretty unstable. Let's see!

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
I have set some parameters for the Reaper RAMs in the bios, looks like it is a little bit more stable now, but it still occationally crash and goes back to the blue screen. I will have to see what is going on, otherwise I will need to buy some other rams.

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
Doesn't seem to work. Set the DRAM voltage from 2.2 to 2.4, still got video and crash problems. I just wonder if 430W is not enough for this small combination.

doubled

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006
My money is on the power suply, with the memory as the second choice.

Those "Neo" Antec power supplies have a horrific track record.

I have the same board. I've messed with 3 different models of Corsiar modules, messed with timings and speeds, and never had the voltage set on anything but AUTO. I'm running a D920 at 3.73 until I can swing another E8400, but the current result is much more draw on the PSU thru the mobo. Overclocking was effortless. I think the on board regulation is just fine. Prime 95 ran for 12 hours overclocked. It's been folding one both cores for 24 hours. No issues whatsoever.

Swap PSU, then swap memory.

The file (igxprd32) that error is complaining about is for Intel Graphics Media Accelerator. So I'm going out on a limb here and guessing that motherboard of yours has integrated graphics. You have installed the an ATI card. You must uninstall the Intel Graphic Drivers before installing the drivers for you new card. You may also have to turn off the integrated graphics in the BIOS depending on the board, some will auto detect the presence of an add-in board and shut off the integrated graphics automatically. You will need to check. Regardless you must remove both sets of drivers. First download a program called Driver Cleaner. Next uninstall both drivers (don't reboot after you uninstall the first), once both drivers are uninstalled, reboot into safe mode. Once in safe mode run Driver Cleaner and select the removal scripts for Intel and ATI. This will remove all traces of the old drivers (registry entries, files, installation files). Once this is complete, reboot. When you get into Windows, the New Hardware Detected wizard will start, cancel it and proceed to install the ATI drivers. Afterwards you'll be asked to reboot and hopefully your problem should be gone.

doubled

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2006

Do you mind sharing what facts you are using to base this opinion on?

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
Yes, I have tried four clean installation of XP Pro by now from scratch, two with on board graphics, two with the HD2600Pro card.

I couldn't even get the on board to work now once the Intel graphic driver is installed. After reboot, it always goes back to the blue screen saying the device loop error.

Then two times with the ATI went well in the beginning, as get some win updates and try to play some simple games, the screen started flashing once or twice, seemed to be switching scanning freq., then everything just held up for a second or two, then the PC restarted, ran windows, once in the XP environment, the video was gone to blank on all adaptors (VGA, HDMI and DVI).

So I am sure it is not a problem of the hovac old drivers working at the background, since everything was freshly installed with the internal display disabled in the bios.

FrozenGpu

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Asus P5E-VM HDMI is a pretty cool Matx board. All the reveiws I have seen for it all give it excellent ratings. It not that bad in the overclockign deparment either. But the problems you are having with it don't sound too good, maybe its time to look into RMA'ing the board? :pfff:

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
I do think it is a genuine motherboard faulty problem, I went to the shop for replacement, but unfortunately, when I pick out my CPU, I bend two of the small pin contacts in the CPU slot!...... I now have to resolve the problem with Asus service centre rather than replacement, damn! I might be better of buying another MB.

justhandguns

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
Got a brand new board from Asus Hong Kong. Happy with that. Apparently it maybe due to a bad chipset IC.

Also, I have bought some Kingston PC6400 RAM instead, it is much more stable and predictable than the OCZ Reaper, which requires lot of setting in the bios. The high performance Reaper works much better in a full size Nvidia based ATX-MB IMO.

cinti

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2008
I have/had precisely the same problem (P5E-VM HDMI with OCZ 800) and have taken a similar route to the solution. I returned the first board and got even more frequent BSODs with the replacement! The AI Suite that comes with the board appears to default to maximum performance. When I set it back to mid-range, the problem disappeared (so far). I think you can do the same thing by setting the CAS latency back in the BIOS. The manual lists the approved memory... OCZ is not on the list (which is quite extensive). I reckon there's a reason for the omission.