help with command line

I need to have a scheduled script running at certain time of the day to stop
an application (File Maker Pro) from running; the backup the database and
launch the application again. I know basics of command line scripting to re
launch and do the copy of the data base. The only problem is to stop the
application without damaging the database. Any help would be appreciated.
Cheers,

Arbel

Arbel

- Does the application have a command line to stop it? or another way to
stop it?
if it does, it might be simple to do what you want

- the other way to do it, would be to kill the application but you never
know if that would damage the database. Something like doing task manager
and end process.
You will need the task ID for the application everytime you want to kill it.

Rafael

"Arbel" <arbel@edaptive.net> wrote in message
>I need to have a scheduled script running at certain time of the day to
>stop an application (File Maker Pro) from running; the backup the database
>and launch the application again. I know basics of command line scripting
>to re launch and do the copy of the data base. The only problem is to stop
>the application without damaging the database. Any help would be
>appreciated.
> Cheers,
>
> Arbel

Hi Rafael,

The application is File Maker Pro and loads a database with user name and
password. I suppose I need to find out from File Maker if it does have
command line capabilities...Thanks for your help.
Cheers,

Arbel