• No

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Quality is too bad!

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

00mike000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
I shoved a RGB led into my optical mouse and using a pic to switch between the colours by a button on the bottom.

Oh soz about the quality thats bad webcams for ya :sarcastic:

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Looks pretty cool as long as it doesn't constantly switch colors or have a really ghetto button that affects normal mouse usage. :p Anyways, awesome mod. :sol:

I think another sweet mod (based on your idea) would be an led that went from blue (quite or calm) to a deep red (action and danger) based on sound. The louder the room is, the more red it gets. Guess it wouldn't work for headphones, but I still think it's cool. :D

00mike000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Jsc a reply to your question would be yes pic's are fun to play with. Rgeist554 i like your idea but if u change the colours from blue to red you would have to make sure that its a sudden change or there wont be enough light from the mouse to determine its position and could effect gaming if thats what ur talking about.

rgeist554

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
Ah, I just meant it to be a purely for looks. My friend and I did a case mod a while back with some cold cathodes. The blue lights were on by default and deactivated by sound, while the red would activate on loud sounds. (Mainly explosions and deep bass) It looked kinda cool to show off, but it got distracting in the dark since it would flash a lot. :p

*edit* Some mice are completely IR or at least don't require visible light to track. I know that I just got my Razer Lachesis (which is pretty sick btw) and I was surprised to see that there was no light coming from the bottom. :eek:

00mike000

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2007
Yea i think IR mouses still use a standard cmos image sensor but the led is replaced with a ir led (apparently it makes it faster and more accurate) or sumthing like that