Exeem Released... (4 days ago)

Tags:
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
January 25, 2005 3:42:07 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=642
http://www.exeem.com/
is riddled with spyware.

Clean version:
http://70.84.248.34/~fikzpja/index.php?page=p2p/exeem
http://www.slyck.com/news.php?story=641

Supposed "successor" to suprnova. There are still a bunch of torrent
sites around, but if exeem catches on, it could be even better than
BT.

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6

More about : exeem released days ago

Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:42:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 00:42:07 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

> Supposed "successor" to suprnova.

Supposed indeed. It's only in name. They paid the guy behind Suprnova
to use the name in their marketing. That's where the connection
between Exeem and Suprnova ends.

Exeem is Yet Another File Sharing App. I am not convinced that it's
any better or any worse than any of the others, apart from being
infested with spyware and using misleading marketing to make people
think that it's actually got anything what so ever to do with
Suprnova.

On the other hand, Suprnova was nothing but a leech which ripped
torrents from other sites, hosted the torrent files and brought in the
ad revenues, while the sites the torrents originated from had to pay
the bandwidth and server bill for the trackers.

So, leechers and liars... Well, OK, so there was a connection there
after all.
Anonymous
January 25, 2005 7:42:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 16:42:27 +0100, Moen
<h-news@operamail.dot.com.invalid> wrote:
>Supposed indeed. It's only in name. They paid the guy behind Suprnova
>to use the name in their marketing. That's where the connection
>between Exeem and Suprnova ends.

Slonek or w/e. Yeah, I know about that. He's their "spokesperson."
It's not as if the creators of supernova did much with the inner
workings of BT for suprnova.

>Exeem is Yet Another File Sharing App. I am not convinced that it's
>any better or any worse than any of the others, apart from being
>infested with spyware and using misleading marketing to make people
>think that it's actually got anything what so ever to do with
>Suprnova.

I'm fairly sure suprnova has nothing to do with exeem, though quite a
few sources have stated they were involved with the development. It
seems (as you said) that some third party made this kazaa/BT clone and
bribed sloneck into shutting down suprnova and promoting exeem. They
just want something to attract attention away from the fact that
they're just another Sharman Networks with an spy/ad-ware bloated
client.

>On the other hand, Suprnova was nothing but a leech which ripped
>torrents from other sites, hosted the torrent files and brought in the
>ad revenues, while the sites the torrents originated from had to pay
>the bandwidth and server bill for the trackers.

The sites where the trackers were hosted had less http traffic to
worry about... (and less ad revenue if they were ad supported...)

>So, leechers and liars... Well, OK, so there was a connection there
>after all.

Yeah... the site http://www.exeemnetwork.tk/ is pretty shady too. It
claims to be an exeem community site, but only if you read the faq or
forum. It doesn't say it's a fansite anywhere important, but kinda
hides that fact deeper in. They stole an exeem lite version created by
someone else without even crediting the original author and put it on
their website, and the posts on the forum are rather... well... dumb.
I'm surprised it doesn't have ads, as it seems like someone's just
trying to play off the popularity of exeem.

--
"No I'm saying that I'm a cow dung." - Stephen "Suupernuubie" Ung
"Eat a bag of hell." - Cyric The Mad
"I'm all for the girl on girl action, but it could put a strain on the marriage" - LTP

ICQ:65589349 MSN:ktwilson86@hotmail.com (BUT DON'T SEND E-MAIL!)
Zealot the Crazy Lui
Grand 16-Star General and overall director of AGSC operations for the Pronoun Army(and webmaster)
http://pronounarmy.homestead.com/ http://home.comcast.net/~ktwilson9999/
re-vamped sig xp Build 2004.6
Anonymous
January 26, 2005 2:33:45 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 09:26:22 -0800, Zealot The Crazy Lui
<ktwilson9999@NOSPAM.comcast.net> wrote:

> Yeah... the site http://www.exeemnetwork.tk/ is pretty shady too.

Real URL:

http://people.freenet.de/exeem/

The stupidity is astounding:

"eXeem is a brand new Filesharing Client!Its the successor of the very
known Bittorent Network!"

"Successor", as if this will replace BitTorrent. Hah.

And from the FAQ:

"Exeem is not based on the Bittorent Network you know!Its like version
2.0 of Bittorent"

Geez. This guy obviously doesn't understand the purpose of BitTorrent
at all. It was never supposed to be a P2P warez sharing app in the
first place.

> It claims to be an exeem community site, but only if you read the faq or
> forum. It doesn't say it's a fansite anywhere important, but kinda hides
> that fact deeper in.

Yep. This is the forum:

http://exeem.proboards39.com/index.cgi

Would it be very naughty of us to cause some... problems there? Guess
it would. It wouldn't be nice at all!

Oh, wait! What's this?

http://exeem.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=Newsaboute...

They've already had people messing with them? :)

http://exeem.proboards39.com/index.cgi?board=Everything...

Yawn.

> They stole an exeem lite version created by someone else without even
> crediting the original author and put it on their website, and the posts on
> the forum are rather... well... dumb.

Definitely dumb.

> I'm surprised it doesn't have ads, as it seems like someone's just
> trying to play off the popularity of exeem.

The admin calls himself "exeem inc." too. How stupid can you get?
!