Size of individual folders contents...

Hello,

Could anyone tell me how I can view the individual folder sizes without
right clicking on the individual folder and selecting properties to find out
how much room that folder is taking up on my hard drive. I noticed I can
switch the view in explorer so I can get the details (such as Name, Size,
Type, etc.) of my individual files but for the folders the size information
is missing.

Thanks to all who reply,

Ismael
5 answers Last reply
More about size individual folders contents

    Open either MyComputer or Explorer.
    On the menu bar click Tools > Folder Options View tab.
    Put a check next to "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop items".
    Apply > Ok out.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Could anyone tell me how I can view the individual folder sizes without right
    > clicking on the individual folder and selecting properties to find out how
    > much room that folder is taking up on my hard drive. I noticed I can switch
    > the view in explorer so I can get the details (such as Name, Size, Type, etc.)
    > of my individual files but for the folders the size information is missing.
    >
    > Thanks to all who reply,
    >
    > Ismael

    Hello,

    Thanks for the reply...this was already checked...and yes I can see the size
    of the folder...but I would like to be able to see the size of the folder in
    the explorer window without having to put my mouse pointer over the
    folder...just like regular files. With regular files I can click on the
    "Name" Tab (to re-arrange alphabetically), "Size" Tab (to re-arrange from
    smaller sized files to larger sized files or reverse), "Type" Tab (arrange
    the files by type), and "Date Modified" Tab(When the file was last changed
    in date order). I would like to also be able to do this with folders
    especially re-arrange by "Size".

    Anyone else have any other suggestions?

    Thanks to all who reply,

    Ismael

    "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    > Open either MyComputer or Explorer.
    > On the menu bar click Tools > Folder Options View tab.
    > Put a check next to "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop
    > items".
    > Apply > Ok out.
    >

    > --
    >
    > Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    > http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >
    > Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >

    > "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Could anyone tell me how I can view the individual folder sizes without
    >> right clicking on the individual folder and selecting properties to find
    >> out how much room that folder is taking up on my hard drive. I noticed I
    >> can switch the view in explorer so I can get the details (such as Name,
    >> Size, Type, etc.) of my individual files but for the folders the size
    >> information is missing.
    >>
    >> Thanks to all who reply,
    >>
    >> Ismael

    It's a performance issue. It takes a long time.There are third party addin.

    "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Oxl75fSkFHA.3064@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply...this was already checked...and yes I can see the size
    > of the folder...but I would like to be able to see the size of the folder in
    > the explorer window without having to put my mouse pointer over the
    > folder...just like regular files. With regular files I can click on the
    > "Name" Tab (to re-arrange alphabetically), "Size" Tab (to re-arrange from
    > smaller sized files to larger sized files or reverse), "Type" Tab (arrange
    > the files by type), and "Date Modified" Tab(When the file was last changed
    > in date order). I would like to also be able to do this with folders
    > especially re-arrange by "Size".
    >
    > Anyone else have any other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks to all who reply,
    >
    > Ismael
    >
    > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    >> Open either MyComputer or Explorer.
    >> On the menu bar click Tools > Folder Options View tab.
    >> Put a check next to "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop
    >> items".
    >> Apply > Ok out.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >>
    >> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >>

    >> "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Could anyone tell me how I can view the individual folder sizes without
    >>> right clicking on the individual folder and selecting properties to find
    >>> out how much room that folder is taking up on my hard drive. I noticed I
    >>> can switch the view in explorer so I can get the details (such as Name,
    >>> Size, Type, etc.) of my individual files but for the folders the size
    >>> information is missing.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks to all who reply,
    >>>
    >>> Ismael

    What is the third party ad on called and where can I get it?

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    It's a performance issue. It takes a long time.There are third party addin.

    "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thanks for the reply...this was already checked...and yes I can see the
    > size
    > of the folder...but I would like to be able to see the size of the folder
    > in
    > the explorer window without having to put my mouse pointer over the
    > folder...just like regular files. With regular files I can click on the
    > "Name" Tab (to re-arrange alphabetically), "Size" Tab (to re-arrange from
    > smaller sized files to larger sized files or reverse), "Type" Tab (arrange
    > the files by type), and "Date Modified" Tab(When the file was last changed
    > in date order). I would like to also be able to do this with folders
    > especially re-arrange by "Size".
    >
    > Anyone else have any other suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks to all who reply,
    >
    > Ismael
    >
    > "Brian A." <gonefish'n@afarawaylake> wrote in message
    >> Open either MyComputer or Explorer.
    >> On the menu bar click Tools > Folder Options View tab.
    >> Put a check next to "Show pop-up description for folder and desktop
    >> items".
    >> Apply > Ok out.
    >>

    >> --
    >>
    >> Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    >> Conflicts start where information lacks.
    >> http://basconotw.mvps.org/
    >>
    >> Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
    >> How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
    >>

    >> "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >>> Hello,
    >>>
    >>> Could anyone tell me how I can view the individual folder sizes without
    >>> right clicking on the individual folder and selecting properties to find
    >>> out how much room that folder is taking up on my hard drive. I noticed
    >>> can switch the view in explorer so I can get the details (such as Name,
    >>> Size, Type, etc.) of my individual files but for the folders the size
    >>> information is missing.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks to all who reply,
    >>>
    >>> Ismael

    I neither use or know anything about any of these types of apps, anyhoo, here is
    a site with apps that will do as you desire.
    http://www.jam-software.com/freeware/index.shtml

    I'm not sure why you have the need to sort folders by size, they will always be
    changing position when data in files are saved.

    --

    Brian A. Sesko { MS MVP_Shell/User }
    http://basconotw.mvps.org/

    Suggested posting do's/don'ts: http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm