How do i digitally sign my AC97 soumd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guido85

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2010
I need to digitaly sign my AC'97 driver but it will not pass windows logo testing is there a way around it Thanks. :sweat:

A lot of drivers are not digitally signed and work perfectly, are you having a problem with the driver not working properly?

Or is it Microsofts error warning that scared you away from installing it?

Sometimes you can get a digitally signed driver from Microsoft Update itself, and it actually perform worse than the driver released with your hardware, reason being its an older release driver digitally signed by Microsoft, sometimes when installing new drivers for new hardware, the drivers are so new and updated they have not been digitally signed by Microsoft, but they work just fine, or the hardware manufacturer would not have released them with their product.

They have more to loose than Microsoft does!

Below is an example of the full error message this document relates to as given in Microsoft Windows XP.

The software you are installing for this hardware:

<device/driver name>

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility with Windows XP. (Tell me why this testing is important.)

Continuing your installation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operating of your system either immediately or in the future. Microsoft strongly recommends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed Windows Logo testing.

This document can also help users who are encountering a similar error in earlier versions of Microsoft Windows such as Microsoft Windows 2000.

The Microsoft digital signature affirms that software has been tested with Windows and that the software has not been altered since it was tested.

The software you are about to install does not contain a Microsoft digital signature. Therefore, there is no guarantee that this software works correctly with Windows

<device/driver name>

If you want to search for Microsoft digitally signed software, visit the Windows Update Web site at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com to see if one is available.

Do you want to continue the installation?

Simply select Yes and continue installing the drivers, in some situations you have no choice what so ever but to install the drivers that came with the hardware, because there are no digitally signed drivers available, as some hardware manufacturers are 100% confident in their drivers performance and could care less what Microsoft has to say about it.

And they are not going to wait around for Microsoft to finally get around to testing and signing the drivers, delaying their product release, that they have already thoroughly tested and released the drivers for WinXP.

So if that is your case just install your drivers and enjoy.

rehanfiroz

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2010
HI

I have had the same problem in installing the AC Realtek driver with the digital logo requirement coming up but when I select to go ahead and install the driver the computer reboots without installing the driver. Please help as I am still without sound.

anthonyreed7794

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2011

i also am having the same issue i still have not figured it out and i really need sound

Status
Not open for further replies.