Fatal1ty fp-1n9 will not OC

kukidave

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Had zero luck overclocking e4300 with my Fatal1ty 1n9 did pin mod with rear defroster repair kit. Cut down brush to make thinner, cut thin strip out of paper to make a stencil and scrapped a bit of overflow off with exacto knife. Viloa!! 2.4 GHZ

see post from DaSickNinja :
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/228129-28-e4300

Now have e6750 with same board and can't get oc again. 2 gigs Aeneon 800mhz. Anyone have any ideas on this board?

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Interesting. Isnt that just the same thing as manually changing your FSB in the Bios? Minus the hassle?

Isn't that board just a 650i chipset?

Doesn't it have the OC controls in the Bios?

Anyways... can you tell me the symptoms, as in, what is it doing when you do what? And also mention what you have done yourself, and what you have on Auto.

As well as run Core Temp, and list the VID of your processor.

Then you may wanna test your VDrop and droop, just to see, by selecting the VCore in the Bios that Core Temp says your VID is, setting things to stock, disabling speed step, and re booting.

Once you list your VID here, you can also list what the program, CPUZ, says that your Core Voltage is, after you boot, and while you are idling.

Write down the highest value you see it flicker to, then run the program Prime95, And use the Small FFTs torture test on all cores at the same time, and after 1 minute of it running, list your now even lower Core Voltage here as well! (And you can see yer fully loaded core temps as well!)

Once we get that info, on to your Bios!!

--Lupi

kukidave

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Thanks Lupi,

Will have more time tomorrow but vid s 1.3125V

Tried everything with the e4300. Won't boot with even the slightest change in FSB. Believe me the pin mod was less work :)

with the e6750 same problem have not put much effort into it yet.

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Try raising VTT up a bit, if you ahvent already, this can correct for some interference. Try 1.300 first, thats perfectly safe, since its below your VCore. You dont wanna raise VTT up over VCore unless there is no other way.

But give it a shot.. and I was asking about CPU GTL Vref.

Try it all the way up to 1.400 if you have to.

--Lupi

kukidave

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
Finnally a bit of success!! Raised VTT to 1.39 FSB to 350 also disabled limit cpuid max value

so got 2800. Tried 400 FSB and no post will fool with it tonight any ideas? Also how do you find GPU GTL vref?

Thanks,
David

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
It may not be in there, because it's an older board. Hmm.. wasn't the crosshair Mobo a 590i?

The best thing you could do is post screen shots of your Bios, with junk on manual, so that it "opens" the other categories for modification!

Lots of times there are these lil things with weird names that can do stuff with your RAM, and cause all the no posts, re boots, etc. Static read control, transaction booster, TRD.

Screen shots of all the bios options will not only tell me yer current settings, but then I can look stuff up if they have weird names, etc, and see what they do!

--Lupi