CPU-Z and HW Monitor report my Vcore way to low....

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
I confirmed in my bios that I am at 1.425 but CPU-Z and HW Monitor show it at 1.192......

Am I missing something? I was trying to check vdroop but I never noticed the discrepancy before

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
There are potential bios Flaws around power distribution. Been there, seen that before.

Wanna run Core Temp, and list what it says your VID for that processor is?

To be honest, I have seen both Bios flaws. One wouldn't change at all from the stock VID value, no matter what you set, it would act like it did, until you looked with a trusted program.

The other totally skipped a voltage range. On my p5k-e wifi with one or two bios versions the VCore went from 1.39 to 1.51 with a single VCore notch. There was no 1.40-49 at all on there. A Bios update fixed that.

I'm not familiar with that board, but if you are getting 3.6, you must be getting the voltage, thats for sure. A default 1.192 would be a low VID processor, 1.2500 or lower, hopefully! My board defaults .0250 under VID, so a 1.2250 would get 1.2000, wouldn't that be awesome if yer processor was low?

Or did you already tell me? :)

So what was yer VDrop and droop total? Like .425?

I think you may have set a record!

You can always change the VCOre in the bios by one, up or down and see if it's just for that value.

--Lupi!

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Well, his is obviously way off either way, Max VDroop and drop combo I have seen factory is .115 and that is dreadful! His is just wrong.

After reading that article, while those things are possible, you can easily see if your own voltage spikes at all during load changes, because the new HWMonitor will maintain a High and Low value max, as well as the current value.

I have seen on my Ref XFX 780i it spike up to 40.08 with no mods what so ever. So you got me. And I haven't ever seen any spikes on any newer intel based boards, barring a initial release bios for the P5n-d, and it only went up .02 volts.

I am not sure what they are getting at, but anyone with half a brain can monitor their own system, and easily see if they have such things as power spikes during light to heavy load transitions, or vice versa, where the high amount of power is already heading to the processor, and then the process is terminated, causing the processor to still receive that high amount of voltage even though it is no longer using it, simply because the voltage was already on the way to the processor.

But, nice article!

--Lupi

xringx

Distinguished
May 2, 2007
havent read the article yet but will do.

My VID is 1.30

If I am to believe those 2 programs, my Vdroop is from 1.192 down to 1.18 on a full load test.

Mobo bios has a "CPU core voltage offset" adjustment which I am guessing is for vdroop

Edit: I enabled some options in bios for Uguru and now in HW monitor, it reports a 2nd set of voltage, apparently correctly too. The wrong set is called Winbond and the correct looking set is called Uguru....

So I go from a reported 1.43 down to 1.37

See if I can fix that

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Oh shiznit, that UGuru is always wrong, lol! And it messes with the sensors, or the way things interpret the sensors, hehe.

But as long as the set appears to be right, great!

1.3000, thats like 1.42 volts, loaded for 3.6 stable.

--Lupi