GA-945GCM-S2L - WinXP cant find sound card

slayerjules

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
Audio is enabled in the BIOS. Drivers are loaded. Win not finding sound device. Will not let me update driver or remove.
Help please.
Updated M/B last week as original one died.

slayerjules

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2008
I have already removed and then reinstalled KB888111 and it still does not recognise 'Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus'. It says there are no drivers installed for this device, yet will not let me update or uninstall driver. Microsoft UAA Bus driver for High Definition Audio is listed under system devices. Could there be a problem with the new motherboard?

do a fresh install of windows and come back to us then

skiwii

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2008
I have the same issue with this motherboard. I have re-installed windows XP pro from scratch and have put on service pack 3 which apparently incorporates the UAA driver thing. I have also downloaded the latest Realtek codec (v2.02 from memory) and there is still no device showing under device manager (just the audio and video codes and legacy drivers are showing).

Any ideas?? Before I did a rebuild I disabled the UAA so the new codec would install but no luck. Now that I have SP3 the UAA does not show up in device manager at all.

this is driving me insane and i cannot believe how much of a drama such a simple thing is. Also, my PCIE graphics card does not work on this motherboard so I am not using it for now (just the onboard one). I am tempted to go back to the store and chuck in in their face and buy an ASUS m/b. i have had a gut full of gigabyte and the rubbish they are now producing.

the gigabyte website for this m/b says that there is integrated Intel audio, so one would assume that the driver comes with the chipset driver...??

heelllp!

sonic432

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
hi,
the problem is that ur chipset's audio driver doesn support service pack3, instead use service pack 1, trust me :)