Audigy 2 ZS compatiability with Win Vista 86x

hlmaniac

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
Hi all,

I have just installed Vista 32bit version on my pc. I installed the lastest soundcard drivers for Vista,but have no sound. There is a tray icon right next to where the clock is (bottom right corner of the screen) looks something like a speeker with a red dot on top and two crossed lines. As I put the pointer over it a message comes up saying that audio service is not running. When I go in Task Manager the Audio Serrvice status is "Stopped." When I try to start it the following message comes up: "The operation Could not be copleted. The dependancy group or service fdailed to start." In "Services" the "Windows Audio" service is on automatic, whe I try to start it, the following message appears:" Windows could not start Windows Audio service on local compiter. Error 1068 The dependancy group or service failed to start." Meanwhile, drivers are recognized and so is the sound card. Does anyone know what the problem might be and how could it be solved?
Thanks

Weirdo0815

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2006
Have you downloaded the latest drivers from Creative's website? I just checked and the latest version is from march 16 07, thats pretty old but I would think if they didn't work, they would release fixed versions.

hlmaniac

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2006
Yes, I have an onboard card, but it is turned off from the bios, so there shouldn't be a problem there. Also I've downloaded the latest drivers