Core 0 and Core 1 temp at 29, but Core at 50?

Warpspasm

Distinguished
May 28, 2003
I'm using SpeedFan and was looking at my temps on my new build. I don't know much about this, so I'm hoping somebody can help me. Here are my temps

System: 33c
CPU: 33c
Core 0: 28c
Core 1: 29c
Core: 50c (and there's a little flame icon next to it)

I'm not sure what this is telling me? Should I be concerned?

I believe core 0 and 1 refer to the actual cores, while CPU is your processor temp. I think "Core" is a reading from your video card. Maybe download ntune or ATI tray tools depending on your make, and see if the video card temp corresponds to the Core reading in SpeedFan.

SyphenX

Distinguished
Dec 18, 2007
Well I guess it depends on your video card, what are you running? mine.. a Radeon X1950 XTX.. I have seen it get up to 100C after a weird incident where I alt tabbed and my ATi Tool shut my fan to 0% I turned the fan back on 100% so it would drop the temp ASAP. Other than that mine is usually around 75-80C I'm sure anything around that temp would be fine. Less is better though. :p

gahleon

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2006
Dude, if you want to check out graphics card temps use the ATI tray tools. I love how it works for my X1900XT. It is a great program and IMO better than ATI Tool. Secondly you should check out Core Temp 0.96. It is a new revision of that program and it has a dramatically increased accuracy due to input from both AMD and INTEL. What is sweet about it too is that it finally fixed the problem associated with the Opteron 64 1xx series F revision which no longer had support. 0.95 would crash the computer. So, I have recently tried it on my rig and it works great with my 170. Must better than my asus cpu temp monitor with the MB. Anyhow, for graphics you could also get the GPUID program which is the same idea as CPUID prog. Check em out dude.