Protoss vs Zerg in BW

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

Hi. I'm playing a friend who always whoops my ass using zerg. He
usually rushes me with zerglings with speed upgrade, or late game
attack with mutas, guardians and devourers.
Can you give me a hint about how to take him down?

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On 28 Jan 2005 14:26:45 -0800, "spaceman.spiff"
<sigfrido.hernandez@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi. I'm playing a friend who always whoops my ass using zerg. He
>usually rushes me with zerglings with speed upgrade, or late game
>attack with mutas, guardians and devourers.
>Can you give me a hint about how to take him down?

Upgraded zealots and reavers against zerglings. Corsairs against mutas
and get scouts if he gets to guards/devs (concentrated fire). But just
get early corsairs and rape his overlords and any air he might make
before he techs to greater spire. Follow that up with dropping reavers
in his base and d-field the colonies. Also, you need to stop him from
expanding, or at least taking them out faster than he can benefit from
them...

Yay, I'm on-topic...

--
byerstheoblivious

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On 28 Jan 2005 14:26:45 -0800, "spaceman.spiff"
> <sigfrido.hernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi. I'm playing a friend who always whoops my ass using zerg. He
> >usually rushes me with zerglings with speed upgrade, or late game
> >attack with mutas, guardians and devourers.
> >Can you give me a hint about how to take him down?
>
> Upgraded zealots and reavers against zerglings. Corsairs against mutas
> and get scouts if he gets to guards/devs (concentrated fire). But just
> get early corsairs and rape his overlords and any air he might make
> before he techs to greater spire. Follow that up with dropping reavers
> in his base and d-field the colonies. Also, you need to stop him from
> expanding, or at least taking them out faster than he can benefit from
> them...
>
> Yay, I'm on-topic...

Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:30:36 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> Upgraded zealots and reavers against zerglings. Corsairs against mutas
>> and get scouts if he gets to guards/devs (concentrated fire). But just
>> get early corsairs and rape his overlords and any air he might make
>> before he techs to greater spire. Follow that up with dropping reavers
>> in his base and d-field the colonies. Also, you need to stop him from
>> expanding, or at least taking them out faster than he can benefit from
>> them...
>>
>> Yay, I'm on-topic...
>
>Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.

The will is no longer there...

--
byerstheoblivious

"Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>> On 28 Jan 2005 14:26:45 -0800, "spaceman.spiff"
>> <sigfrido.hernandez@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi. I'm playing a friend who always whoops my ass using zerg. He
>> >usually rushes me with zerglings with speed upgrade, or late game
>> >attack with mutas, guardians and devourers.
>> >Can you give me a hint about how to take him down?
>>
>> Upgraded zealots and reavers against zerglings. Corsairs against mutas
>> and get scouts if he gets to guards/devs (concentrated fire). But just
>> get early corsairs and rape his overlords and any air he might make
>> before he techs to greater spire. Follow that up with dropping reavers
>> in his base and d-field the colonies. Also, you need to stop him from
>> expanding, or at least taking them out faster than he can benefit from
>> them...
>>
>> Yay, I'm on-topic...
>
> Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.

LOL. Byers can outwit, outlast and outplay you in a game of SC, anytime!
--
Steven Ung

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2005 16:16:31 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>> Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.
>
>LOL. Byers can outwit, outlast and outplay you in a game of SC, anytime!

The Malaysian has spoken. :p

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 22:30:36 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> Upgraded zealots and reavers against zerglings. Corsairs against mutas
> >> and get scouts if he gets to guards/devs (concentrated fire). But just
> >> get early corsairs and rape his overlords and any air he might make
> >> before he techs to greater spire. Follow that up with dropping reavers
> >> in his base and d-field the colonies. Also, you need to stop him from
> >> expanding, or at least taking them out faster than he can benefit from
> >> them...
> >>
> >> Yay, I'm on-topic...
> >
> >Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.
>
> The will is no longer there...

Ah but the [insert something that rhymes with 'will' here] is?

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:57:35 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> >Really something from someone who's too sissy to challenge to a game.
>>
>> The will is no longer there...
>
>Ah but the [insert something that rhymes with 'will' here] is?

[Insert clever comeback that turns Luc down and insults him to boot].

--
byerstheoblivious

> >> The will is no longer there...
> >
> >Ah but the [insert something that rhymes with 'will' here] is?
>
> [Insert clever comeback that turns Luc down and insults him to boot].

Oh damn! you really got me good that time.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:22:23 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> [Insert clever comeback that turns Luc down and insults him to boot].
>
>Oh damn! you really got me good that time.

[Insert clever reassurance that I did, and a jovial statement touching
on the fact that this is hardly an unusual occurrence].

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 08:22:23 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> [Insert clever comeback that turns Luc down and insults him to boot].
> >
> >Oh damn! you really got me good that time.
>
> [Insert clever reassurance that I did, and a jovial statement touching
> on the fact that this is hardly an unusual occurrence].

Compiler Error: No such statement.
Probable Cause: Untrue statement

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:45:40 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> [Insert clever reassurance that I did, and a jovial statement touching
>> on the fact that this is hardly an unusual occurrence].
>
>Compiler Error: No such statement.
> Probable Cause: Untrue statement

[Insert clever retort that's pointing out the blatant geekness of
Luc's reply].

--
byerstheoblivious

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:09:55 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> [Insert reply containing various warnings that Luc should keep his
>> erotic fantasies out of the discussion and save them for the team of
>> trained therapists that have been assigned his case by the federal
>> government].
>
>[Insert a "this is getting old" comment, in hopes that Byers will drop it,
>get the idea, stop this ridiculous charade etc.]

[Insert a confirmation that I will because it's starting to bore me]

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Mon, 7 Feb 2005 16:09:55 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> [Insert reply containing various warnings that Luc should keep his
> >> erotic fantasies out of the discussion and save them for the team of
> >> trained therapists that have been assigned his case by the federal
> >> government].
> >
> >[Insert a "this is getting old" comment, in hopes that Byers will drop
it,
> >get the idea, stop this ridiculous charade etc.]
>
> [Insert a confirmation that I will because it's starting to bore me]

You know, I was actually considering not replying to this message. But I
just can't do that.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:46:53 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>You know, I was actually considering not replying to this message. But I
>just can't do that.

I know the feeling. And you know what they say about the feeling...

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:46:53 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >You know, I was actually considering not replying to this message. But I
> >just can't do that.
>
> I know the feeling. And you know what they say about the feeling...

That is has incredible influence over the weak minded?

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:30:01 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> I know the feeling. And you know what they say about the feeling...
>
>That is has incredible influence over the weak minded?

No, that you can't beat it...

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:30:01 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> I know the feeling. And you know what they say about the feeling...
> >
> >That is has incredible influence over the weak minded?
>
> No, that you can't beat it...

So then I assume the Michael Jackson song was supposed to be ironic?