RAID 0 set up on x2 200GB 7200RPM DUAL Boot (vista installed)

Sikes

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Ok, first I know there are plenty of threads on this topic, but I couldnt find one that fit my situation or maybe its because I am slow and didnt understand. So if thats the case just please redirect me to the right thread.

So, specs

ProStar 9194
Quad core 2.83Mhz
4.0 GB Ram
3x200GB 7200 SATA II 2 in Raid 0
Vista 64-bit Home Premium

Alright I have read the many threads on Dual-booting and thought it was fairly easy I go to diskmanagement, shrink the c: in half more or less, simple new volume and quick format, set the drive letters accordingly, restart x2, put xp sp3 in to install. Here's where it gets tricky

1. With Disk since my drives are SATA II XP wont see them so this obviously doesnt work.

2. One thread says hit F6 and have a floppy with SATA drivers I am in Iraq and dont know anyone with a floppy drive so is there a way to do it with an external hard drive or put them on the 3rd HD maybe?

3. Another thread said go into BIOS so I go Advance-> SATA -> two choices Normal and Raid obviously I choose normal. This allows XP to see the Drives but you have C: as 190MB 190MB FREE if I choose says it needs formattd D: 190 172MB Free also needs formatted and the chose to leave drive intact isnt an option and 3rd chose another 190MB 190Free Unpartitioned. Why this is a problem is because I have shrunk the volume to 20GB before and thats never available and I tried installing XP on all three none work and just either tell me to hit CTRL+ALT+DEL to reboot or goes in a constant reboot loop. When I put BIOS back to RAID I get the same and have to put in an image backup to get the RAID setup back I guess because if I just use Vista the RAID drive isnt seen.

I am at a loss so any ideas, or claification on what I am doing wrong or what I have said I try to be clear but eh I do what I can.

Thank you

dt

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2004
well now... I got a plan for you :)

1. find your winxp cd and put it in the dvd drive
2. find windows xp raid drivers
3. download nlite
4. slap drivers on nlite
5. put blank dvd disc in pc
6. burn windows xp w/ raid drivers and any kind of other drivers you want to put on
7. install windows xp
8. ???
9. profit.