Crossfire 3870 bios and fan control.

joe_967

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
Hey all,

I recently set up 2 Sapphire 3870's in crossfire. As you may know, they are set to run their fans at 30% or something like that. I can set them up using rivatuner, however whenever you restart, the second card will revert to 30%. I can readjust this by entering rivatuner, and changing it to auto, pressing apply, and then shanging it to fixed and hitting apply again. This is a pain. Does anyone know of a more advanced way I can stick both fans at say 60-70%?

As well. Has anyone flashed their cards to the new bios? If so, where can I get the new bios and instructions on how to do this. I hear you might be able to permantly set the minimum fan speed through the bios?

I am using Vista 64.

Thanks in advance!

haydox

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2008
It says that it isnt for the 3870, only up to HD2900.

Im also having the same problem, i was playing Crysis and it locked up and the graphics card cut out, when i rebooted the GPU temp was at around 60, so i got RivaTuner, put the fan settings up to 100% all the time, on every different card it found in the drop down box (it found 4, but changing the 2nd also did the 3rd and 4th) and then made it apply the settings at windows startup. However ive not noticed much of a drop at all in the temps.

Kofoed

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2009
Hi, please download the latest CCC, from http://ati.amd.com/support/driver.html.
When you have installed, go to overdrive and enable overdrive, becouse it's just like overcloakcing, you just overclocking your fan insted of clock and memory.
Anyways, after Enable Overdrive, Click on start, run, and seatch for "Regedit"

Now a windows will come up, Click on
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SYSTEM
CurrentControlSet
Control
Class
{4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

If you don't see any folder named 0000, check for another folder like 0001 0002.

Sroll down to
FanSpeedPrecentActual_NA and change the value to 2.
FanSpeedPrecentTarget_NA and change the value to 2.
FanspeedRPMActual_NA and change the value to 2.
FanspeedRPMTarget_NA and change the value to 2.

You can change the value by right clicking on it and edit.

Now close the regedit windows.

Restart CCC/Catalyst Control Center.
After it restarted go to Overdrive and Select "Enable Manual Fan control"
And slide the curser to the fan precent you want it to.
And select the next card and do the same.

Select the secondarycard from CCC not the regedit folder.