Sign in with
Your question

How AMD really got the name for Phenom

Last response: in Components
January 16, 2008 2:23:54 PM

How Advanced Muppets Design got the processor name (AMD)

As to the song in the Muppets

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=7055970764786...

Click on the link and youll know how they got the name

Look on the bright side, at least the video dont crash.....Without patching that is

More about : amd phenom

January 16, 2008 5:36:17 PM

chuckle, sigh, fall asleep
January 16, 2008 6:23:32 PM

did you really think that this was clever and funny, even in the smallest bit? seriously now. all you're doing right now is wasting precious space on a server somewhere. you're really not funny. this is quite possibly the stupidest thing i have ever seen. do you get my point kid? you really should think twice before hitting the post button. with that said, i have something to share with you. watch it. study it. memorize it. trust me, it will do you good. your parents might even love you if you just watched this video and payed attention. so without further ado, here's the link : http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou.

again...study it. listen carefully to every word and apply it to every and any forum you find yourself in.
Related resources
January 16, 2008 6:33:25 PM

lambofgode3x said:
did you really think that this was clever and funny, even in the smallest bit? seriously now. all you're doing right now is wasting precious space on a server somewhere. you're really not funny. this is quite possibly the stupidest thing i have ever seen. do you get my point kid? you really should think twice before hitting the post button. with that said, i have something to share with you. watch it. study it. memorize it. trust me, it will do you good. your parents might even love you if you just watched this video and payed attention. so without further ado, here's the link : http://gprime.net/flash.php/postingandyou.

again...study it. listen carefully to every word and apply it to every and any forum you find yourself in.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT

ITS PEOPLE LIKE YOU THAT ABSOLUTELY MAKE LIFE A JOY FOR EVERYONE ELSE......

IF YOU DONT HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOUR IN LIFE THEN DONT LIVE IT.....

IM GLAD I DONT KNOW YOU AS PARTIES MUST BE A JOY WHEN YOUR IN IT.....

NOW YOU GO BACK TO YOUR MISERABLE LIFE AND ILL GO BACK TO MINE
January 16, 2008 8:13:23 PM

Mr. Hellboy, what you have just showed us, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Happy Gillmor
January 16, 2008 8:17:11 PM

amddiesel said:
Mr. Hellboy, what you have just showed us, is the most insanely idiotic thing I have ever heard. At no point, in your rambling incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points and may God have mercy on your soul.

Happy Gillmor

So whats god got to do with it
January 16, 2008 8:52:02 PM

it was a funny quote from the movie happy gillmor.. Its ok to get busted for posting something pretty stupid
January 16, 2008 9:13:43 PM

you know, lambofgode3x, as stupid as his post may have been, its called freedom of speech. If you didnt like his post simply ignore it. There is a back button on your browser, is there not?

edit: by the way, how is responding to his post with another link to a stupid video any better?
January 17, 2008 7:02:39 AM

eagles453809 said:
you know, lambofgode3x, as stupid as his post may have been, its called freedom of speech. If you didnt like his post simply ignore it. There is a back button on your browser, is there not?

edit: by the way, how is responding to his post with another link to a stupid video any better?

Thanks for a bit of moral support, jeesh I only added this for a bit of fun..

These egomaniacs make life untollerable and should be dumped on the moon or something.

Isn't some of the worlds most desirable people controll freaks...

January 17, 2008 8:15:16 AM

All we are all trying to say is, there is a time and a place for everything, and this forum is neither for that 'video'. This forum is for people with a little knowledge to share with other people who have less or greater knowledge, and everyone gains.

So dont take offense, and some responses were a little harsh, but it really should be under General chat.
January 17, 2008 8:17:56 AM

lolx you should post another one

XD
January 17, 2008 8:28:33 AM

Even though I'll end up buying one, I do wish they'd have called it anything but Phenom. When I heard that name, I thought to myself "this can't be good".

Phenom B3's will be the best budget quad cores until Intel drops the price on the Q6600 after their new series arives, and the Phenom 9000 looks good for an HTPC, but the name is really, really lame.

They should have kept Athlon and called it the Athlon Element (ie the classic earth, air, fire and water). Then, they could have called the triple cores Triathlons. Note to Hector Ruiz: do something about AMD's marketing, and let the engineering group get to work without any kibbitzing.
January 17, 2008 8:55:19 AM

lambofgode3x said:

Take the chill pill buddy. No need to get this agressive about that... :non: 
January 17, 2008 9:09:52 AM

sayuki288 said:
lolx you should post another one

XD

Yeah it may have been a bit childish but wasnt it funny..

At lambofgode3x

We all need to release some presure after all considering America is facing rescession due to the housing crisis, Iran playing stupid, the rest of the world being attacked by terrorists and other financial woes, global warming, death of the innocent through lack of general things such as food and water, while you munch on your 2 pounder burgers and 3 litres of coke, people being killed by evil dictators in places ( thats countries to you) that you obviously not even bothered to learn about let alone know where they are.

My orgional post was not for offence, for fun.
These messages take up hardly any space on a server and the video was a link, so lambofgode3x if you cant work that one out then that just sums you up.

Now go and chase flying sauces or something and do it for the local community as looking blank in space is your speciality.....

PS - Play the video to the end, now thats the funny bit.....
January 17, 2008 9:17:20 AM

I think somebody needs a hug!
January 17, 2008 10:12:01 AM

Hellboy,...what sorta parents did u have,..or were they close to something like the characters in the video you posted!
January 17, 2008 10:34:51 AM

adlertheman said:
Hellboy,...what sorta parents did u have,..or were they close to something like the characters in the video you posted!

Dad I found you atlast
January 17, 2008 11:06:16 AM

Well, ppl buging AMD when it's on the bottom of the barell pisses me off but then again, how can you be mad at the muppets? They are funny!
That flash link was funny as well though.
LEAVE AMD ALONE YOU SADISTIC @$%$.

"Cyrix 4 life"
January 17, 2008 11:14:17 AM

Worst thread of the new year!

-1,000,000 points

FAIL!
January 17, 2008 11:20:59 AM

This topic is AWESOME!
January 17, 2008 11:40:15 AM

rodney_ws said:
This topic is AWESOME!

Hi Rodney_ws,,

Whats the best thing you like about this thread, I am interested to know ??

All the best
January 17, 2008 12:11:32 PM

I really held this place in a much higher esteem before I discovered there was a forum here and what it basically revolves around. No Seriously.

August 8, 2008 6:58:24 PM

LOLOLOL

SORRY, PALS! I know this thread is almost 8 months old - and probably not quite up to the forums' standards - but I had such a, an, hmm... "sometime" while watching this that...

OMGWTFHELLBOYOUHAVEGUTSTHISF******THREADISSIMPLYNUTS

:lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol: 
August 9, 2008 6:11:41 PM

dattimr said:
LOLOLOL

SORRY, PALS! I know this thread is almost 8 months old - and probably not quite up to the forums' standards - but I had such a, an, hmm... "sometime" while watching this that...

OMGWTFHELLBOYOUHAVEGUTSTHISF******THREADISSIMPLYNUTS

:lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol:  :pt1cable:  :lol: 

Yeah I know, but it never got the recognition it deserved........ Crap name tho, wouldnt be so bad if it had even taken after is name.... Might as well be called the Phenuminum..

PS I tried to buy some in the trade the other day and no one had some in, on top of that they said that the Phenom has not been selling very well.. Infact the 64x2 sold more and they are running out of stock, I just bought some 5000 series for some cheap builds im doing and they only cost £38 each..

How sad....
August 10, 2008 5:02:41 AM

Mahna Mahna! tu tu tu roo roo! Mahna Mahna!

Ahhh epicness... :)  Took you 7 months to find someone that actually enjoyed that... but hey :D  thanks for cheering my day...
!