Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Best Registry Cleaner

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Laptops
  • Registry Cleaner
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
Share
June 9, 2010 1:56:22 AM

Hello looking for a god registry cleaner, was using CCleaner but I just upgraded to the latest edition and ran into some problems and had to roll my system back to solve the problems. Found the following review of the major contenders I was thinking about the one by PC Tools seems to be the least expensive I have a coupon and it appears to be highly recommended only thing is I'm thinking about buying a new laptop 64 bit and I'm not sure if they come in different flavors doesn't make any since to purchase one for my XP machine if I can't use it on my new 17 inch laptop I plan on purchasing sometime within the next few months, Also whats the best free or shareware version out there to. Well looking forward to your suggestions. Thanks!!

Tom j.

http://www.registrycleanersreviewed.com/

More about : registry cleaner

a b D Laptop
June 9, 2010 7:09:27 AM

897627,1,586349 said:
Hello looking for a god registry cleaner, was using CCleaner but I just upgraded to the latest edition and ran into some problems and had to roll my system back to solve the problems.

[#0005ff]I thinkk you may have simply been unlucky with CCleaner - I've never had a problem with it and probably use it twice a day every day in a variety of systems which have been under different forms of attack. It's actually the only utility I would recommend to let loose in a Registry and if it didn't exist, I would suggest leaving everything be in there.

Opinions will vary on this one of course but I hope posters will remember that when some recommendations are posted on open forums, there will always be unwary readers who try things out on the basis of that recommendation alone - whether or not the product is good, bad or downright suspect.

The products to avoid are those which scan first, find ten thousand errors and fix five of them, then offer to do the other 9,995 if only you send them lots of £ or $.
[/#000ff]
m
0
l
June 9, 2010 12:20:21 PM

TuneUp Utilities is my favourite, I used to use CCleaner before I made the switch.
m
0
l
Related resources
June 10, 2010 2:59:31 AM

Saga Lout said:
897627,1,586349 said:
Hello looking for a god registry cleaner, was using CCleaner but I just upgraded to the latest edition and ran into some problems and had to roll my system back to solve the problems.

[#0005ff]I thinkk you may have simply been unlucky with CCleaner - I've never had a problem with it and probably use it twice a day every day in a variety of systems which have been under different forms of attack. It's actually the only utility I would recommend to let loose in a Registry and if it didn't exist, I would suggest leaving everything be in there.

Opinions will vary on this one of course but I hope posters will remember that when some recommendations are posted on open forums, there will always be unwary readers who try things out on the basis of that recommendation alone - whether or not the product is good, bad or downright suspect.

The products to avoid are those which scan first, find ten thousand errors and fix five of them, then offer to do the other 9,995 if only you send them lots of £ or $.
[/#000ff]
said:


Hi thanks for your comments yep I was really surprised when I ran into problems with it used it a dozens times before and it worked perfectly, say under registry do you leave everything checked? I had a couple of things unchecked before I upgraded to the newer version but I forgot exactly how I had it setup. Wish I could remember because I never had any problems in the past.

Tom j.
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
June 10, 2010 7:13:52 AM

[#0005ff]I don't see anything in the latest version that I'd bother to untick. [/#000ff]
m
0
l
June 11, 2010 4:28:30 PM

Whats the best one in your opinion what do you think about PC Tools, got a coupon which would bring the price down to about 20 US. Also if you had a problem with CCleaner like I did what would you do just backup and try it again, and how would you determine what went wrong. Thanks!

Tom j.
m
0
l

Best solution

a b D Laptop
June 11, 2010 4:41:24 PM

curt31 said:
Whats the best one in your opinion what do you think about PC Tools, got a coupon which would bring the price down to about 20 US. Also if you had a problem with CCleaner like I did what would you do just backup and try it again, and how would you determine what went wrong. Thanks!

Tom j.


I'm quite happy with AVG and if you aren't a business user, you're entitled to the free version. I'd never recommend the use of the Registry cleaner part of CCleaner without first making a backup although I must admit I don't do it myself because I've no reason to believe it would mess anything up. What seems to be wrong with the system since this happened?


Share
July 17, 2010 6:08:47 AM

well i went off using registry cleaners for a long time coz everytime i used one it would pretty much delete all the *** in the registry as well as all the system files! i found one that does a really good job so i stick to it now and it still works on windows 7, but i reakon this stuff all boils down to your own opinion. I use xp windows cleaner you should be able to find it at
m
0
l
a b D Laptop
July 17, 2010 6:45:32 AM

Hmm - a redirect that goes somewhere with your name on it. Smacks not only of advertising but also a bit of a dodgy site with an equally questionable product.

Unwary posters may wish to hear a recommendation from someone in the know before using this on the most important part of their Windows system.
m
0
l
July 17, 2010 9:44:44 PM

I have used TuneUp Utilities It is Very reliable and efficient.

m
0
l
a b D Laptop
August 20, 2010 1:54:39 AM

Best answer selected by buwish.
m
0
l
October 19, 2010 10:19:12 AM

Ignore the first post to this thread. He runs a site that gives good reviews to software that is clearly bad..

I've been doing some research into this and the majority of software is completely bogus. There are however a couple of decent ones (out of 20 products!).

Just be careful. You can read my Registry Cleaner Reviews for a real insight on this.
m
0
l
February 22, 2013 5:20:53 AM

I recently have switched from CC Cleaner to WiseCleaner, and then moved to another free one i.e. registry recycler. Appears to be the most effective registry repairer for Windows 8. You can download it from here:

http://www.registryrecycler.com/features.html
m
0
l
!