Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Closed

Hanns.G? Anyone?

Last response: in Components
Share
January 16, 2008 10:20:47 PM

Hey guys...

After thorough searching of the internet and forums everywhere, I can only find (maybe) a handful of reviews for a Hanns.G 22" LCD. Looking on Newegg and reading the specs & reviews, it looks to be a pretty darn good monitor with all the features i would want for gaming use. I would appreciate any feedback on this monitor....

Hanns·G HW-223DPB 22" LCD 5ms response time
1000:1 contrast ratio
16.7 mill colors
0.282 mm pixel pitch
170 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angle

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1682...

Thanks!

More about : hanns

January 17, 2008 7:36:45 PM

jakemo136 said:
Hey guys...

After thorough searching of the internet and forums everywhere, I can only find (maybe) a handful of reviews for a Hanns.G 22" LCD. Looking on Newegg and reading the specs & reviews, it looks to be a pretty darn good monitor with all the features i would want for gaming use. I would appreciate any feedback on this monitor....

Hanns·G HW-223DPB 22" LCD 5ms response time
1000:1 contrast ratio
16.7 mill colors
0.282 mm pixel pitch
170 degree horizontal and vertical viewing angle

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1682...

Thanks!


Hi

The Hans G are a budget range of monitors....

I have sold some and they work ok, they are not out standing theyre not fast for games but they are ok for budget office work....

If money is tight then go for it, if you can wait go buy and lg or something else higher up, you will not regret it.....
January 17, 2008 8:01:56 PM

I have a pair of HANNS G and love them.

5ms is perfectly fine for gaming.
2ms would be better, but you will be pressed to notice the difference.

It was far more of an issues when the response time was well above 10ms.
Related resources
January 17, 2008 8:08:49 PM

They are pretty good monitors. Better then anything else in their price range. The viewing angle on the ones I have had weren't great, but I blame that on them being 6-bit panels.

Honestly, I do not think you will be disappointed.
January 17, 2008 8:24:06 PM

I have a 19" HANNS G and it is marginal. Response time is good, but there is a noticeable dead pixel in the upper right that drives me crazy. There is also a small dark spot in the upper left. Not as noticeable as the dead pixel, but it annoys me nonetheless. If I were you I'd spend a little more and get a higher quality product.
January 17, 2008 9:10:24 PM

do not believe the listed viewing angle. After a trip to BB the other day, almost every monitor had at least a 170 degree viewing angle advertised but there were obvious differences between the monitors on display

sadly, I don't have specific info about the Hahns G
January 19, 2008 2:24:58 AM

I have never used a Hanns G but they sell it at walmart so I doubt it's any good.

I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1682...

I haven't actually used that one either, but I hear Sony makes them for Asus so it should be very good. And it's only $30 more than that Hanns G, so I say go for that one!
January 19, 2008 3:18:09 AM

wildfire788 said:
I have never used a Hanns G but they sell it at walmart so I doubt it's any good.

I recommend this one: http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1682...

I haven't actually used that one either, but I hear Sony makes them for Asus so it should be very good. And it's only $30 more than that Hanns G, so I say go for that one!


By the way, they also sell Sony at Walmart.
January 19, 2008 3:34:40 AM

No issue with the 2 I have. I have the Hans G HG216d models and they work great.
January 19, 2008 3:37:18 AM

ausch30 said:
By the way, they also sell Sony at Walmart.

Not monitors. At least not at my local walmart.

In fact, out of all of the limited selection of PC components that they do have at my walmart, I would never purchase any of them. For any reason. Ever.

Thank god for Newegg.
January 19, 2008 3:55:22 AM

wildfire788 said:
Not monitors. At least not at my local walmart.

In fact, out of all of the limited selection of PC components that they do have at my walmart, I would never purchase any of them. For any reason. Ever.

Thank god for Newegg.


I'm sure Newegg also stocks the stuff at Wal-Mart...

Would you not buy something simply because Wal-Mart stocks it?
January 19, 2008 3:56:46 AM

SEALBoy said:
I'm sure Newegg also stocks the stuff at Wal-Mart...

Would you not buy something simply because Wal-Mart stocks it?

It's not that I would never buy it because walmart stocks it, it's that walmart stocks what I would never buy.
January 19, 2008 3:58:12 AM

I say tomato... and you also say tomato. :D 
January 20, 2008 1:50:36 AM

wildfire788 said:
It's not that I would never buy it because walmart stocks it, it's that walmart stocks what I would never buy.



They have Sony and Samsung monitors at my local walmart.
January 26, 2008 5:47:11 AM

there is a really nice Hann's G monitor, 28in for around $500 on newegg. It has been getting really good reviews.
January 26, 2008 5:48:41 AM

It's been fluctuating between $499 and $560

sorry I didn't post link
September 23, 2010 4:24:30 PM

My Hanns G 28" is awesome. $299 on newegg. Only lasts 2 years, but other brands charge over $1000 for a comparable size. You can buy 3 28" screens for the price of one 29". Works great for gaming.
a b C Monitor
September 23, 2010 6:48:53 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
!