Tcase is higher than Tjunction

MingoDynasty

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2006
Hiyo I went over the C2D/Quad oc sticky and it said that the two Tjunction DTS sensors should be hotter than the sensor in the middle, or Tcase. But right now, Speedfan and Core Temp both say my cores are at 56/57C, while my Tcase is 65C (Prime95 small FFTs). What's going on?

Lupiron

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
Did you calibrate speed fan yet? :)

Use Core Temp or HWmonitor until you do.

(Can also be a bios read problem, but speed fan usually has to be set up, I believe.)

--Lupi

modtech

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
Be glad you don't have my brisbane. Idle temps: core1:5c core2:6.5c. Oooh I never knew the zalman 9500 was this good right!

CompuTronix

Intel Master
No. Real Temp is the only temperature monitoring utility which correctly reads Core temperatures only, straight out of the box. Although Real Temp's Core temperatures are correct under Load, Real Temp allows Idle temps to be calibrated, which is sometimes necessary due to sensor linearity problems, and is fully explained in the Real Temp documentation - http://www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/docs.php

Use the Core 2 Quad and Duo Temperature Guide to accurately calibrate SpeedFan's CPU temperature (Tcase) and Core temperatures (Tjunction). When completed, both sets of temperatures will be accurate, specifically fine-tuned to your rig. You'll also find that SpeedeFan's Core temperatures will be within a degree or two of Real Temp.

Comp :sol: