Solved

NO INTERNET ACCESS

I loaded a fresh install of Win 7 SP3 in a Compaq 5205us desktop.The net interface is recognised, the network connected symble is there, but I get no access. The 5205us says it needs the ATM network controller. I'm having a great deal of difficulty finding a solution. Any advice is welcome. Thank you in advance. ED
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about internet access
  1. Quote:
    I loaded a fresh install of Win 7 SP3 in a Compaq 5205us desktop.


    I'm very curious to know how exactly you did this, since Microsoft has not released any service packs for Windows 7 yet.
  2. ^+1

    And I would change the 7 for an XP and the "LEGAL" for an "Illegal"
  3. The_Prophecy said:
    I'm very curious to know how exactly you did this, since Microsoft has not released any service packs for Windows 7 yet.

    My Bad-sorry. Iam working on three computers SOME WITH wIN 7 OTHERS WITH xp. I ment to say I installed win XP with SP3.
  4. saint19 said:
    ^+1

    And I would change the 7 for an XP and the "LEGAL" for an "Illegal"


    Saint19 thank you for your reply, but I don't understand what you mean. I think I'll step back and take a breather Iam working on three computers that are a challenge to say the least. Sorry for the bad info. I should have said XP with SP3.
  5. This topic has been moved from the section Windows 7 to section Windows XP by The_Prophecy
  6. Best answer
    Get the latest drivers and it should work, once you've tried that and if it still doesn't work let us know.
  7. Best answer selected by smiling bear.
Ask a new question

Read More

Configuration Internet Access Network Controller Windows XP