Announcement

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

It is that crazy time of year where I make myself invisible (for a whole
week).

I am sure China town would be lighted up with firecrackers to usher in the
new year.
--
Steven Ung

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:40:14 +0800, "Steven Ung"
<steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:

>It is that crazy time of year where I make myself invisible (for a whole
>week).
>
>I am sure China town would be lighted up with firecrackers to usher in the
>new year.

You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...

--
byerstheoblivious

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:40:14 +0800, "Steven Ung"
> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>
> >It is that crazy time of year where I make myself invisible (for a whole
> >week).
> >
> >I am sure China town would be lighted up with firecrackers to usher in
the
> >new year.
>
> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...

Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:16:37 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
<sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:

>> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
>
>Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.

Salmon is cheap...

--
byerstheoblivious

> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:16:37 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
> >> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
> >
> >Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>
> Salmon is cheap...

Not to those who are paid cheap

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <fssd01p7ul0oricv2i09ta3v67hhi2knp2@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:16:37 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
><sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
>>> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
>>
>>Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>
>Salmon is cheap...

No, no, no..... *talk* is cheap. Salmon is fish.

--
Cheers,

Chas.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination".

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:12:11 +0000, The Arcane Chas
<Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>>Salmon is cheap...
>
>No, no, no..... *talk* is cheap. Salmon is fish.

Oh yeah...I always confuse the two...

--
theobliviousbyers

"The Arcane Chas" <Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> No, no, no..... *talk* is cheap. Salmon is fish.

Cheap women talk a lot, and smell like fish.

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:40:14 +0800, "Steven Ung"
> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>
>>It is that crazy time of year where I make myself invisible (for a whole
>>week).
>>
>>I am sure China town would be lighted up with firecrackers to usher in the
>>new year.
>
> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...

Apparently not ;)
--
Steven Ung

"Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
> "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
>> On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 16:40:14 +0800, "Steven Ung"
>> <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote:
>>
>> >It is that crazy time of year where I make myself invisible (for a whole
>> >week).
>> >
>> >I am sure China town would be lighted up with firecrackers to usher in
> the
>> >new year.
>>
>> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
>
> Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.

I can have broadband (cheap) except that I don't use my home PC as I've
spend all day on the computer during weekdays.
--
Steven Ung

"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
> > "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message

> > the
> >>
> >> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
> >
> > Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>
> I can have broadband (cheap) except that I don't use my home PC as I've
> spend all day on the computer during weekdays.

What's your excuse during the new years thingie?

--
LTP

When the llama speaks you listen. Unfortunately the llama hasn't spoken
yet.

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

"Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message
> On Sun, 6 Feb 2005 17:16:37 -0700, "Luc The Perverse"
> <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote:
>
>>> You can't both be ushering and talking to us? Very well then...
>>
>>Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>
> Salmon is cheap...

Not in Malaysia. Norwegian salmon costs RM 18 per kg (IIRC). If you really
want to know the actual price, I'll have to make a formal educational trip
to Carrefour.
--
Steven Ung

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
"Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote

>"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
>> > "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message

>whole

>> > the

>> > Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>>
>> I can have broadband (cheap) except that I don't use my home PC as I've
>> spend all day on the computer during weekdays.
>

>What's your excuse during the new years thingie?

Why get boradband for 1-2 weeks out of the year?
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
http://www.geocities.com/jerk_o2002

Archived from groups: alt.games.starcraft (More info?)

In article <999s01tn7knjd76853cocbmve5knsb3p8q@4ax.com>, but only after
serious contemplation, Byers ex machina <don't@think.so> put finger to
keyboard and produced the following;
>On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 21:12:11 +0000, The Arcane Chas
><Chas@the-arcane.demon.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>>Salmon is cheap...
>>
>>No, no, no..... *talk* is cheap. Salmon is fish.
>
>Oh yeah...I always confuse the two...

Easily done.

--

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message
>> > "Byers ex machina" <don't@think.so> wrote in message

> whole

>> > the

>> > Internet at home in Malaysia costs as much as salmon.
>>
>> I can have broadband (cheap) except that I don't use my home PC as I've
>> spend all day on the computer during weekdays.
>
> What's your excuse during the new years thingie?

Unless they have pay as you use broadband, I'm not going to waste my money
just for the sake of 1 week usage. OTOH, I might consider 'renting' my
neighbours. Well, he was the one asking me to help him set up a WiFi
network. :p
--
Steven Ung

> Unless they have pay as you use broadband, I'm not going to waste my money
> just for the sake of 1 week usage. OTOH, I might consider 'renting' my
> neighbours. Well, he was the one asking me to help him set up a WiFi
> network. :p

How far do you think you could make it reach ;-)
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>
>> Unless they have pay as you use broadband, I'm not going to waste my
>> money just for the sake of 1 week usage. OTOH, I might consider 'renting'
>> my neighbours. Well, he was the one asking me to help him set up a WiFi
>> network. :p
>
> How far do you think you could make it reach ;-)

It should be okay as we're staying in an apartment and his house is just
beside mine.
--
Steven Ung

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>>
>>> Unless they have pay as you use broadband, I'm not going to waste my
>>> money just for the sake of 1 week usage. OTOH, I might consider
>>> 'renting' my neighbours. Well, he was the one asking me to help him set
>>> up a WiFi network. :p
>>
>> How far do you think you could make it reach ;-)
>
> It should be okay as we're staying in an apartment and his house is just
> beside mine.

Bleh - you didn't get the hint ;-)

Mind you it would take some miracle to get it to reach me
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

"jerk-o" <jerk-o@yomomma.org> wrote in message
> After going to <http://tinyurl.com/2tnqw>
> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote
>
> >"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> >> "Luc The Perverse" <sll_NOSPAM_zm@remove.cc.usu.edu> wrote in message

> >whole

> >> I can have broadband (cheap) except that I don't use my home PC as I've
> >> spend all day on the computer during weekdays.
> >

> >What's your excuse during the new years thingie?
>
> Why get boradband for 1-2 weeks out of the year?

What is boradband?

--

> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
> > "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message

> >> How far do you think you could make it reach ;-)
> >
> > It should be okay as we're staying in an apartment and his house is just
> > beside mine.
>
> Bleh - you didn't get the hint ;-)
>
> Mind you it would take some miracle to get it to reach me

Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.

--

Luc The Perverse wrote:

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>
>>"Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>"Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message

> set

>>>It should be okay as we're staying in an apartment and his house is just
>>>beside mine.
>>
>>Bleh - you didn't get the hint ;-)
>>
>>Mind you it would take some miracle to get it to reach me
>

> Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.

so you just need to install a few thousand boosters ...

--
Lord Phorse
Remove the number(s) from the email address

"Lord Phorse" <zilaxian-shaman1@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.
>
> so you just need to install a few thousand boosters ...

And power them. Reflecting a laser off a satalite mirror would be cheaper

--

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>>
>> "Steven Ung" <steven@nodomainname.com> wrote in message
>> > "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message

> set

>> > It should be okay as we're staying in an apartment and his house is
>> > just
>> > beside mine.
>>
>> Bleh - you didn't get the hint ;-)
>>
>> Mind you it would take some miracle to get it to reach me
>

> Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.

NZ's more than 32km from malaysia :-(
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

> > Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.
>
> NZ's more than 32km from malaysia :-(

Pity. In that case it is likely more economical for one of you to pay for
your own broadband internet connection

--

> "Marsh Lion" <bbarnes@SPAMParadise.net.nz> wrote in message
>> > Perhaps 32 Km with the proper directional equipment and amplifier gain.
>>
>> NZ's more than 32km from malaysia :-(
>
> Pity. In that case it is likely more economical for one of you to pay for
> your own broadband internet connection

I'd consider it if I was planning on staying in this place for another year
or two (but right now I just want to get out).
--
Marsh Lion
Life is an audition

TRENDING THREADS