Volume control dosen't work - error

I try to use volume control and i get this error prompt
"There are no active mixer devices avaibale" I went in control panel to
add hardware but nothing happens.

Thanks

Malke

hubcapconner@hotmail.com wrote:

> I try to use volume control and i get this error prompt
> "There are no active mixer devices avaibale" I went in control panel
> to add hardware but nothing happens.
>
> Thanks

I assume you have a sound card (or onboard sound). What changed between
the time things worked and the time they didn't?

In the meantime, you can try updating your sound card drivers. Get them
from:

1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if onboard sound; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific computer if you have an OEM
machine (Sony, Dell, HP, etc.).

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell