Zalman 9700NT while boot up??

NezaH

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2007
ok so i dont have a monitor to connect to my pc ( old crt ) so i just wanted to see my pc turned on and thankfully everything worked but... my zalman 9700nt lighted up green and kind of jerks every second but it does not spin.

Evilonigiri

Splendid
Jun 8, 2007
Perhaps your 9700nt isn't getting enough power. This isn't a big deal as long as it starts spinning when the cpu is under load.

Stress test using an intensive program, such as prime95 and see if the fan spins as the heat increases.

My 9500AT does the same thing.....its just the pules(they would normally turn a smaller fan very slow). Since your fan is so much bigger it can not get spinning well. Since its a pulse and not constant voltage it should not hurt it.

Once the computer is loaded it will spin.

What motherboard do you have? Gigabyte slightly increased the fan speeds on the P35 DS3r with a bios update. This gives me a 3 degree drop in cpu temperature and a fan that seems to spin right away(but to be honest i do not check often....and once i start to fold the fan was on with the old bios too)....All this is only about 150 - 200 rpms so it is not much louder....

If you have no interest in quiet and are all for power, you can turn off the fan control options in the bios. It is normally under the hardware monitor section.

lambertoz

Distinguished
Oct 17, 2007
i have a Zalman 9700NT and it does exactly the same thing. as nukemaster said once the computer is loaded it will spin normally. and i don't think theres any danger of overheating during boot so it shouldn't be a problem.
the motherboard is just still not giving the fan enough power to spin properly yet. if you give it a push start it will start spinning properly but there's no need to do that, just wait...