Sign in with
Your question

Reset my satellite laptop to factory setting

Last response: in Windows Vista
November 4, 2011 3:21:45 PM

Hello,
i want to reset my satellite laptop to factory seeting. I know there is hiddet partition on the disk but i am not able to access it. the toshiba recovery disk creator is not in my laptop. how do i get it
November 4, 2011 3:21:45 PM

Hello,
i want to reset my satellite laptop to factory seeting. I know there is hiddet partition on the disk but i am not able to access it. the toshiba recovery disk creator is not in my laptop. how do i get it
m
l
a c 204 D Laptop
November 4, 2011 3:37:58 PM

When you turn on the computer you don't get any messages about hitting a key to start restore? Did you maybe wipe the disk at some point yourself?

If you need to get restore disks for the system, contact Toshiba support.
m
l
Related resources
a b D Laptop
November 4, 2011 4:08:58 PM

afsaneh said:
Hello,

Restore Vista using command prompt.

This will work provided Vista is installed on your C: drive.

If you have installed Vista on the C:\ drive, then you can simply boot up your system. Locate the file name factory.wim on the Factory Image partition. Make a note of the drive letter and path to that file. On an Inspiron 1720 it is located in D:\Dell\Image\Factory.wim

Now go to the command prompt by typing CMD in the Run box. Type the following command:

imagex /apply d:\dell\image\factory.wim 1 c:\
m
l
a b D Laptop
November 9, 2011 5:40:52 AM

This next topics has been merged by Pyree
  • Reset my satellite laptop to factory setting
    m
    l
    !