Who can i ask about vista laptop download installations

SeanTheSheep

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
Hello,
can I install assembly system.beta.SqlServerCe version 3.5.1.0 in the Global assembly in my vista homepremium laptop? If so how & if this is too hard to answer who could I ask?

SeanTheSheep

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011

It's a 32 bit and have all the spec for my model but the thing is, i am trying to install some software that requires the above and my 'puter tells me to do the above. I think this is going to be a headache for sure & looked at this site http://www.microsoft.com/web/post/webmatrix-10-release-notes which kind of gives me that impression.

SeanTheSheep

Distinguished
Nov 4, 2011
I put a more intelligible Q in a microsoft forum (after some needed sleep) & got the reply that SP1 (as was the recommendation of download from my 'puter) is not the updated version which is SP2. However the Beta part suggests that the software suppliers are distributing the wrong set up (possibly). Anyway, I downloaded SP2 version for Vista & all worked & went as smooth as butter. It was my cranky 'puter suggesting a crap choice of download & the supplier of the software were not guilty of any incompetence. SP1 or 2 is free from microsoft. Don't trust your computer recommendations for downloads ever!!!