Sign in with
Your question

New PC need help on Power supply......

Last response: in Systems
January 7, 2008 9:12:51 AM

Hello all, I have Dual core 2 E6400, 3 gig of pc-5300 ram, 160gig WesternDigital harddrive, asus quietrack cd-rom combo, P5N-E SLI mobo, CPU cooler Fatal1ty FS-C77, 5 80mm fans with LED, 8800 gts 320mb xfx OC'ed, Sound blaster Platinum Fatal1y X-fi sound card... I dont think is a pain in the butt how big of a power supply would i need to run all this and leave room for a 30% safe guard?? I have my eyes on a hiper-R 580w Powersupply would i be able to run this and leave room for other add's??? Thanks..

More about : power supply

Related resources
January 7, 2008 12:38:56 PM

The Hiper is a lesser known brand in North America, but a well known one in Europe. It's pretty decent.

GTS512 & GT512 have the same 425W 28A on +12V's requirement. Go with something a bit bigger for longevity & room for upgrades.
January 7, 2008 3:32:10 PM

Thank you for comments and thoughts i will upgrade with a bigger PS with more Amps toward the rail, and yes hiper is a known company here in europe and not much in the states since the company is based in England, i am american but living here in russia and its very difficult here too find a decent PS for the price im telling you... In the USA ive done my PC shopping on neweggs and loved it but here its very hard.... Thanks again for the info... :wahoo: 
!