Overclocking an E2160!

Hi everybody, I am new here, this is my first post! :D Receantly, I have been overclocking my CPU, and Intel E2160. My other specs: ASUS Commando, EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9600GT SSC, 2*1GB DDR2 GeIL Ultra 800MHZ, AeroCool ExtremeEngine 3T.
Okay, so, I read the sticky overclocking guide here on this forum, and started tweaking in the BIOS, this is what I did:
CPU Frequency - 333 (333x9 = 3.0GHz) default is 200*9 = 1.80GHz
DRAM Frequency - 667MHz (so DRAM:FSB is 1:1)
PCI Freq. - 100
PCI Clock Synch. - 33.33MHz
Spread Spectrum - Disabled (by the way, what does this do? :o )
CPU Vcore - 1.5V
Memory Voltage - 2.1V (this is the recommended for the GeIL Ultra)
Timings: 4-4-4-12-6 (the default for my mems)
So, everything went great, the computer booted succesfully, the temps were a little bit high but it was okay. I started to play with a game (Call of Duty 4 to be specific) in order to measure the performance increase. And I was shocked, I had much lower FPSs. Really, I am not kidding, I used to have 200-250 and now I had 100. Whoooah I said, anti-tuning CPU indeed. Okay, so I used to have 200-250 stable FPSs with FSB on 290 (9*290=2.6GHz) and mem on 833MHz. And the funny thing is, when I start 3DMark06, with the 3GHz, I get high CPU scores, but the VGA scores (sm2.0) stay low. With 2.6GHz, I get high VGA scores but low CPU scores. So, what now? Can you recommend anything? What might be the problem? Please help me because I really don't know what to do now, I am really out of ideas and I don't know what might be the problem. Please help me! :cry: :cry: :cry: Thanks in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking e2160
  1. The first thing I notice is that the vcore @ 1.5 is way high. I had a 2160 running @3.2 with 1.4 vcore. I know not all chips are the same,but you should be able to get to 3.0 on stock voltage(most that I have dealt with have). That may take care of the temp problem on the CPU.
  2. Well, okay, but the problem is not about the temps or the voltages, the problem is that by overclocking, i get lower performance. My videocard's performance gets lower.
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking