Murphy

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2003

I have a 2 machine network with a Laserjet connected to a Win2k Pro machine
which I would like to print from using my WinXP home machine.

I can connect to the network printer and when I do so it asks me for a
username and password for the Win2K machine, I enter this then am able to
print fine however next time I start the computers I am no longer able to
print from XP and have to remove the printer and reconnect it...

Help !

Thanks

Murphy

Malke

Murphy wrote:

> I have a 2 machine network with a Laserjet connected to a Win2k Pro
> machine which I would like to print from using my WinXP home machine.
>
> I can connect to the network printer and when I do so it asks me for a
> username and password for the Win2K machine, I enter this then am able
> to print fine however next time I start the computers I am no longer
> able to print from XP and have to remove the printer and reconnect
> it...

Make a user account/password on the Win2k box that is identical to the
one on the XP box. Share out the printer if not already. Make sure the
permissions are for Everybody.

Now go to the XP box and install the printer from the Printers/Scanners
applet in Control Panel by double-clicking Add New Printer.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com