ASUS P5KC and Intel E8200

highllamas

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2008
Hello. I have a serious hardware problem and I need your advice.
I have bought recently a new pc with: Asus P5KC, Intel Core Duo E8200, Corsair 2x1GB, Sapphire Ati Radeon X3650 and a Seagate Sata2 320GB. I have made to install windows xp but....I have problems when trying to install Vista...I get bsod in the installation process or after the installation before it gets into the OS..also when trying to install ubuntu live cd the pc reboots before or after it gets into the os...I have borrowed a friend's ram and still the same issues...I have checked my rams and vga into another pc and they are working fine...I have changed the motherboard with a new one from the shop where I got it but still the same problems..I have updated bios to 903 (the 1001 isn't working) but nothing happened...Is there a possibility of incompability between the cpu and the m/b? Maybe the hard disk is corrupted but then why ubuntu live cd won't boot? I would appreciate your help...

minsterosleaze

Distinguished
Mar 8, 2008
yeah i think you need to set the correct memory timmings in bios my e8200 and p5k was doing same till changed woldent even boot live cd as said
turn off speed step and c1e should then let you install anything