Thermaltake TMG ND5 vs. DuOrb cooling fan

loafing_smurf

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Hello

I just ordered a Galaxy GeForce 8800GT 600MHZ 512mb and I found out it has cooling problems.

I am considering replacing the cooling fan with either a Thermaltake TMG ND5 or a Thermaltake DuOrb. I curious to know what people know about the two fans? Or perhaps people have a better suggestion to cool a GeForce 8800 GT?

If it helps, my case in an Antec Sonata II and there are only exhaust fans in front and in the rear.

Thanks

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
stick with evga, bfg and leadtek

then xfx and msi

watch out for gigabyte and off brands

its not the cooling its could be other things there ram issues and pcb problems too. if its cooling then take your door off and put a fan pointed at the card - does it work better and longer?

if not - send the card back - send the card back and get an evga or msi

poup23

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
If you don't want to send the card back, your best cooling options are the Thermalright HR-03GT or the Artic Cooling Accelero. You could use them in a passive way, or add fans onto the one one you'll choose.

I wouldn't go with Thermaltake, the DuoOrb may be a good cooler, but it will be far more noisier than the 2 I had suggested you.

Here's some reviews:

http://www.abchw.com/content/vga-high-end-cooler-roundup
http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQyMywxLCxoZW50aHVzaWFzdA==

I personally own a Thermaltake case and had a few Thermaltake products. The case is good, but the fan are noisier than they tell. The only real good fan I owned from them is the Big Typhoon and the Extreme Spirit II, the 3 others were not so good.

poup23

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2006
I just bought a Thermalright HR-03GT with a ZM-FM2BL fan from Zalman to put on. I'm waiting to receive them shortly. All Zalman products are great and extremely silent. You should consider them before Thermaltake.

daleyboy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007

Who cares ... it has a warranty dont it?
Unless your worried about it increasing your internal case temps (for overclocking) i wouldn't worry.

liswara

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2006
I have TT DuOrb. It's nice, cool down my idle temp from 59 to 43 and full load from 75 to 54 max. It comes with memory and vram heatsink so I don't need to worry about it (don't like others brands that doesn't includes mem/vram heatsink). Also, I can't notice or hear any noise from the fans, it's pretty silent and has a good looking blue led fan. All and all it's a good product to take into account imo.

8800GTDuOrb.jpg

loafing_smurf

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2007
Helllo

Thanks for all your responses.

I did take Accelero into consideration, but they were all sold out. So I eneded up getting the DuOrb. It seems like the easiest to install and it came with all the memory and vram heatsink needed (as mentioned above).

Thanks again

kingsface

Distinguished
May 11, 2009

I'm thinking of getting one for my 9800GT. What are your idle and load temp with DuoOrb ?

TRENDING THREADS