thekashyap

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
Hello Everyone,
I'm building a PC for moderate gaming and may be to watch a movie or 2 on my LCD TV. After trying very very hard I feel the effort I put in isn't worth it. So here I am asking for answers.
Here is list requirements/gear I want to have:
- Budget: 60 US $
- Code 2 Duo 6550
- Radeon 6850 512 MB
- 2GB DDR2 - 667 or 800 RAM. Haven't chosen yet. Faster the better, I can spend around 50-60 US$.
- Some output (DVI?) to connect PC's output to the LCD TV so I can play DVDs/Games.
- Over clocking: Never done it, but would like to do it someday. Not top of my priority.
- Crossfire capable: Good to have. If things don't work out too well with my LCD TV I might go for it in a year or 2.
- A wireless adapter for connecting to my WLAN (can add it separately but if something specific is needed on the mobo..)

Can you please suggest a mobo I can buy in US or preferably at www.newegg.com

Thank you all..
Kashyap

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
It's going to be tough to find a good mobo for that price. Right now the best and least inexpensive mobo would be a Gigabyte P35 DS3L but it's about $100. Given the mobo is really the foundation of the PC you'd be better off getting a less expensive CPU and better mobo, can always upgrade the PSU and unless you're doing CPU intensive stuff like video, photo, or music editing the CPU isn't as important as say the GPU for gaming. Given the differenc in price get the DDR2 800 RAM. Unless your running 2 monitors you won't need Crossfire for watching movies.