CPU fan speed controller

inertiat

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Wondering if anyone can give me a hand.

I'm looking for a manual fan speed controller like the Zalman Fan Mate 2 that will work with a Freezer 7 Pro on an ASUS P5N-D. I don't think the Zalman Fan Mate will work because it only has a 3-pin connector (the motherboard connect is a 4-pin) and I'm not sure if the Freezer is too powerful for it or not.

I've tried every piece of software on the internet and nothing seems to slow down my uber-loud Freezer Pro, so I'm resorting to a piece of hardware. I'd actually prefer this over a piece of software because I won't have to wait for Windows to start up to get the speed down, so any help will be very gratefully received. Cake may even be distributed in the event of a breakthrough. No promises.

I use the fanmate with my Freezer7 for the same reason, it will work, but i had to cut the fan mate a bit to make it fit. The 4rth pin is for pwn, but a pwm fan will run without it(pwn is supposed to be quieter).

For your fanmate 2 you would have to cut the plastic around the fan plug(the 4th pin will just hang over the edge). It will work

Freezer 7 running on the fanmate 1. With your fanmate 2 it will be easier to cut the extra plastic
fanmatemodbk8.jpg

inertiat

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Thanks a lot for that NukeMaster. Out of interest, where does the controller go - on the back of the PC or in a bay?

it just sits in the case(right under the DVD burner), the fanmate1 had a real short cable.

I also have a Zalman MFC1(front bay fan controller) that i just modded an extension cable for PWM fans.

I only do this when the motherboard either runs a fan too fast(loud) or too slow(800 was a bit slow on the board in the pic, so i use the fanmate). My gigabyte board controls the fan on its own without a controller(and does it very well).