Wireless network Connected, but no internet connection

G

The router im using is Xavi 7868r....my desktop is wired to it...and it connects fine...i can browse the internet and everything.... now my second desktop which is connected via wireless card....was working fine too...and then it suddenly droped...and my internet connection stoped, it still shows that its connected to the network..with excellent signal.... i cant connect to the router's menu from 192.168.1.1... I have tried to set it to obtain all adresses automaticly...but this time it will detect the network..but not connect to it
Hope you guys can help, thanks in advance!

mjsmith1982

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
Assuming you've tried the traditional power cycle of the router and computer to no avail, there are a few things that could be causing this. From Start> Run type CMD

In the command prompt type "ipconfig" (without the quotes) and report what is shown for IP address, Gateway and DNS.

type "ping [# reported for IP Address]" and hit enter. report what shows

type "ping [# for GATEWAY]", enter, report

type "ping [# for DNS], enter, report

nyliferocks

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2009
Hi, I am having the same problem. here is my info. Also, the only DNS info shown was my providers .com address

For IPv4 address

with 32 bytes of data:
bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 0ms, Average = 0ms

For Gateway address:

32 bytes of data:
bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=64
bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64
bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Ping statistics
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0%
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 1ms, Maximum = 2ms, Average = 1ms

V_Frustrated

Honorable
May 25, 2013
I have a similar problem.

I have a laptop which, when connected wirelessly to the home network, will run fine for hours on end. I also have a desktop with wireless connection. If I turn on the desktop, it will connect to the network and run OK for about 5 minutes, then I lose my internet connection. The DSL light on the modem blinks continuously. If I shutdown the desktop, within a minute the DSL light goes steady and the laptop regains internet connection. Turn the desktop back on again - 5 minutes later I lose internet. Shut down the desktop - a minute later the laptop regains connection.

Any clues on the cause of the problem and, particularly, the solution will be gratefully received