Is centon good memory for a computer?

JUST WONDERNING IF CENTON IS GOOD QAULITY MEMORY FOR A COMPUTER , CAN SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU,
10 answers Last reply
More about centon good memory computer
  1. I have never heard about that brand. I recomend you stick with a good brand like Corsair, Kingston, Patriot, OCZ, or even Pqi.
  2. muskin geil gskill are also good brands
  3. If you need inexpensive RAM, then go with Corsair Value Select.
  4. muskin geil gskill are also good brands
  5. Centon is a OEM/retail company. I know Office Max sells them.

http://www.centon.com/
  6. i never heard that name before. ill recommend you to stick with other names, such as, Corsair, Kingston, OCZ etc.
  7. I concur with the other posts, if you are on an extreme budget, I have used Wintec AMPO memory, it seems decent and is pretty cheap generally.
  8. ill vouch for adata in this list of cheap ram. I've used them several times now and haven't had a problem. my extreme edition was $38 for 2gb 800 4-4-4-12, its hard to beat.

as to the original question, never heard of them. go with adata, or one of the previously mentioned brands.
  9. Centon is the cheap **** that Circuit City sells now in place of the Kingston Value they used to sell.

If your PC uses DDR2, buy it online and save a bundle while getting name brand.

If you need DDR, buy it used on eBay or Craigslist as it's overpriced in the retail environment.
  10. inspecter71 said:
    JUST WONDERNING IF CENTON IS GOOD QAULITY MEMORY FOR A COMPUTER , CAN SOMEBODY LET ME KNOW. THANK YOU,

Centon is crap...

I have an 8GB and a 32GB USB memory sticks, that stopped working, with very little use.
    The Centon 8GB SD card is also kaput...

Kingston is my first choice, and they have a value RAM series, that's very reasonable.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Computer Memory Systems