RAID On gigabyte motherboard without floppy

pent5ht

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Im gonna be attempting to run RAID with windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit and a Gigabyte Ep45-UD3R and i dont have a floppy drive. My questions are

1. Can i run RAID Without using a floppy, using a USB Drive or CD?

2. Where do i get the RAID Drivers for my motherboard. From gigabyte.com?

thanks in advance

sebastian7

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
1. I think you can use nLite to streamslip RAID into your Windows installation. Perhaps someone can verify this.

2. Yes, always consult your motherboard manufacturer's website for drivers before going elsewhere (i.e. audio, chipset, RAID). They're usually the best for your computer since they're tailored to your specific motherboard.

EDIT: Oh, okay didn't know about Vista.

Primus462

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005

I just used nLite to create a sliptsreamed XP Pro install disc with the RAID drivers for my RAID 1 setup on Sunday. It worked great. I believe nLite is only for XP and maybe 2K. The website stated there was a version called vLite for Vista.

pent5ht

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2008
Alright So go in my BIOS Set it up for RAID, and drivers should already be integrated into vista? is this correct. And i have never used nlite before what is it?

kg4icg

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2006
vista will recognize the raid chipset if you have it enabled in bios and install the appropriate drivers, there is no f6 install achi, raid driver section in the install process. That's in XP only