Login Screen

Hello,
I am trying to login to a computer a Dell Latitude D620. I keep getting the login screen and can not recall the password, I have booted in safe mode and it still comes back to the login screen. Any ideas on getting around it? It is running windows XP professional
7 answers Last reply
More about login screen
  1. Quote:
    Hello,
    I am trying to login to a computer a Dell Latitude D620. I keep getting the login screen and can not recall the password, I have booted in safe mode and it still comes back to the login screen. Any ideas on getting around it? It is running windows XP professional


    Not sure if it will work; but have you tried the Hiren's Boot CD? It's free and online, but I do believe you can use it to help you reset passwords. Don't quote me though. I haven't had the need to try it, but I do have it for that type of occassion.
  2. Quote:
    http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/


    [#0005ff]This is incredible, not least because the password hacking site is recommended by a Moderator.[/#000ff]
  3. What's the big deal? You still need physical access to the computer to boot from the CD and remove the Administrator password. This program and Ophcrack have been mentioned many times on this forum. Now come down off your high horse and join the rest of us in the real world.
  4. Quote:
    What's the big deal? You still need physical access to the computer to boot from the CD and remove the Administrator password. This program and Ophcrack have been mentioned many times on this forum. Now come down off your high horse and join the rest of us in the real world.


    [#0005ff]No high horses here but as for reality, the world I'm in is one where data or even entire computers are stolen and to protect the owners' files from being accessed, I don't give advice on cracking passwords. If Forum Rules permit it that's fine by me - I'll just steer clear of posts requesting password help. I suppose it's a bonus that you didn't shut down the thread.[/#000ff]
  5. Saga Lout said:
    [#0005ff]I suppose it's a bonus that you didn't shut down the thread.[/#000ff]


    Do you have a problem with the way I moderate these forums?
  6. Quote:
    Do you have a problem with the way I moderate these forums?


    I prefer to think that I lack an understanding of the way you moderate the Wireless Networking Forum. Perhaps we could exchange PMs on the subject. I recognise the excessive sarcasm of the last remark in my previous post and apologise for it.

Ask a new question

Read More

Security Latitude Login Computers Windows XP