2 Nvidia 9600GT on ebay what is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Hi there, my friend just sent me the url where you can buy 2 Nvidia 9600GT 256MB G94 cards that are not yet out on the market.

Quite funny actually, either this is a spoof to rip some people on money or it's stolen merchandise.
What do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=300190837917&ssPageName=MERCOSI_VI_ROSI_PR2_PCN_BIX&refitem=140198805857&itemcount=2&refwidgetloc=closed_view_item&refwidgettype=osi_widget

I wonder for how long it will be up on ebay before they take it down?

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
Hehe, then I guess it's a pair that were given for testing purposes or something that the dude later sold.

thanks for the link marvelous :D

hughyhunter

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2007
I completely and highly doubt they are legit. First off the 9600 will not be a G94... it's going to be a G92 that has been scaled down. I doubt they would be apearing on e-bay too... Companies dont just give these cards out to anyone to be tested and then allow them to be sold on e-bay... if that were the case than those companies wouldnt be "giving" those people cards to test.

Come on Nvidia has more sense than that!

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
I and my friend were speculating on how they can fool people, let say I take a 8800GT card just put on that cooling case to make it look 9xxx series.

And I don't think if you have the knowledge to do so, to change it to display let say 9600GT when put into the system is that hard, or am I wrong?

Dirty_Harry2

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2007
If you read the guys post, it is the same guy who posted it here. Different username, but he posted the exact same stuff. I do not think this guy is legit gents.

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008
eeeh, same guy? Don't get you there?

Personally I don't think it's legit, and if they are real 9600GT cards they're probably stolen.

badgtx1969

Distinguished
Jul 11, 2007
Different dude than the first, at least he has some clearer photos (http://forums.tweaktown.com/showthread.php?p=246976#post246976) and a feedback of 7 on eBay! Still no shots of the gpu.

How long until this thread gets locked?

turboflame

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2006

Person #1: (blurry pics)

sn: Xazax
ebay sn: Marine187

Person#2: (clear pics)

sn: xaglx
ebay sn: space marine41

coincidences? twins seperated at birth?

krillz

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2008

Well than it's settled then, marine41 is propably flashing bios, putting on a different case on the cards and "mass" selling it on ebay, cheating people on money.

That sucks, hopefully he will get caught and given a huge fine for false marketing, and marketing under someone else's trademark without permission.

marvelous211

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Read the thread guys. The guy who he supposedly bought it from is a reporter of some sort and got those cards as samples supposedly.

I don't think the guy is trying to scam anyone. Only a idiot would want to do that on ebay and think they are not going to get caught.

Xazax310

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2006
Yes, im mass scammer out to get you all!
I have no idea who the moron of TT is and his name is not mine, if you look on my HEAT
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=61405

i have 2 pos evals along with all my ALIAS on different forums, i go only and solely by Xazax or Xazax310, this guy whoever he is has zero relations to me and i just found out about "him" today when musing through my threads

this is now going way over my head and THG is the worst people i have ever seen about it, ive been posting here for 2 years now and never have i seen in any other forums such rude remarks as on THG.

Hmm did you guys ever stop to think to ACUTALLY contact me? maybe a PM or my AIM because maybe im a real person, guess not.

Just so you know
the cards are "MAGICALLY STOLEN" because you know i broke into Nvidia's supersecret factory ;) and stole a couple of 9600GT cuz im kool like that, i saw the 9800GX2 but i was like thats so lame, i thought about Flashing a 8800GT bios to that of a 9600GT and then changing the cooler and well as the angle of the 8800GT to match the 9600GT to con people into believing me but i figured that required to much work and im lazy. :kaola:

carver_g

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2007

Right, 'cause no one has ever been scammed on ebay!

bstep1989

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2007
honestly, if he is selling the cards and they are legit, shouldn't there be some kind of BIOS cd with them, even if he got them off craigslist, the guy who sold it there should have sold them with BIOS cd if they were originally from nV, i mean, already selling the product illegally, whats the difference if you include the illegal BIOS cd with it? probably just a guy with know how on how to modify the circuitry on a PCB, to change the way the card is read...

echofoxtrot

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2007
Well it looks like the guy from pcperspective bought the cards from the ebay auction (one of them at least) so we will see real soon if they are legit are not.

Well another one of these to lock.

Personally I don't really care much, they're weak cards and not ground breaking like even a GX2 / X2 would be. It's a replacement for the GF8600 so M'eh.

I'm sure Ryan from PcPer will give people more insight.

But seriously Xazax, don't be surprised by skepticism when you claim to have an unreleased graphics card(s) and then provide blurry pics as proof of a Yeti.
If it's a digital camera, it only takes about 10 shots (try with/without flash even) to get 1 that isn't blurry so people can see distinguishable marking, unless the whole point is to be indistinguishable.

Anywhoo, no point in stirring the pot, but these threads get locked, especially if they contain links to e-Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.