newbie in XP

How can i activate Windows? Should i register with Microsoft when i'm dooing this?

jed.locke@bankarea.com

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:b362$42e4a9f7$d99c5301$8690@allthenewsgroups.com,
jed locke <jed.locke@balcanicsoft.com> had this to say:

> How can i activate Windows? Should i register with Microsoft when
> i'm dooing this?
>
> jed.locke@bankarea.com

If you need to activate Windows it will tell you. Just follow the
directions - it will connect and activate you if it can else it will give
you a phone number to call. Registration is optional but I always do it.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes

Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Activate Windows

You will get a message if you have already activated.

Activation and registration are not related. You activate Windows. You
register yourself. (As an XP user if you want to), Registration has nothing
to do with activation other than that Microsoft offers to let you register
at the same time you activate.